Snacks!!!

Options
patmid
patmid Posts: 45 Member
Any suggestions please, I need help. Any ideas for low calorie, low fat snacks. I have tried drinking water, distraction etc., but still end up searching the fridge and cupboards. Anyone else have this problem, what do you do?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    There are some of mine. Not all are low fat.

170 grams of 0% greek yogurt with cocoa powder, and sweetener of choice. About 100-125 calories
    Beef Jerky
    Laughing cow cheese spread on crackers/bread/cucumbers/carrots
    Berries
    Dark Chocolate
    Cottage cheese (mix ins: apple/pumpkin butter, berries, etc)
    Seaweed snacks
    PB2
    Can of smoked salmon
    Quest Bar
    Glenny's 100 calorie brownies
  • patmid
    Options
    Thank you so much Arditarose, i will certainly give your suggestions a go. I love the idea of the Greek Yogurt with cocoa powder, I'll go shopping tomorrow. I also forgot about cottage cheese. What's PB2 please?
  • drilsarge
    drilsarge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like the Fiber One Brownies. they are only 90 calories and give me that sweetness I need.
  • arditarose
    Options
    patmid wrote: »
    Thank you so much Arditarose, i will certainly give your suggestions a go. I love the idea of the Greek Yogurt with cocoa powder, I'll go shopping tomorrow. I also forgot about cottage cheese. What's PB2 please?

PB2 is powdered peanut butter. You add water to reconstitute it. It has less calories and fat (45 calories for a serving). I actually add that along with the cocoa powder to the greek yogurt and it's amazing.
  • patmid
    Options
    They sound good drilsarge but I haven't heard of them. Wondering if I can get them in the UK.
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    When I'm just grazing, I eat frozen grapes. Takes longer to eat bc they're frozen and low cal. I get my snack fix and all is well with my food goals :)
  • lecoman
    lecoman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    2 Keebler reduced fat crackers, 1 tsp of reduced fat PB and 4 oz of non fat milk 100 cals. Works for me. 2 Hershey miniatures are only 84 if you need the chocolate.
  • patmid
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

PB2 is powdered peanut butter. You add water to reconstitute it. It has less calories and fat (45 calories for a serving). I actually add that along with the cocoa powder to the greek yogurt and it's amazing.

Hi again arditarose have just googled PB2 and found it on Amazon with a full description. I'm very excited to incorporate a new food that won't rock my healthy eating plan and be enjoyable - yippee! Can't thank you enough, I love this site.
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Hi again arditarose have just googled PB2 and found it on Amazon with a full description. I'm very excited to incorporate a new food that won't rock my healthy eating plan and be enjoyable - yippee! Can't thank you enough, I love this site.

Try it! It's not the SAME as peanut butter, but I don't think of it as a substitute. It is what it is. A peanut tasting spread that is not as creamy as peanut butter. Glad you're into it!
  • patmid
    Options
    When I'm just grazing, I eat frozen grapes. Takes longer to eat bc they're frozen and low cal. I get my snack fix and all is well with my food goals :)

Thanks iloveeggnog I'll be adding grapes to my shopping list tomorrow.
  • patmid
    Options
    lecoman wrote: »
    2 Keebler reduced fat crackers, 1 tsp of reduced fat PB and 4 oz of non fat milk 100 cals. Works for me. 2 Hershey miniatures are only 84 if you need the chocolate.

I could do with them right now, many thanks for responding, I have just ordered the PB.
  • Dave55412
    Dave55412 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt. 80 calories, 12 grams of protein, 0% fat and 100% delicious. I put a few in the freezer and eat it like ice cream.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt
    Veggie Chips
    PB2
    Beef Jerky
    Cheese
    Protein bars

^^ Usually my go to snacks
  • patmid
    Options
    Dave55412 wrote: »
    Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt. 80 calories, 12 grams of protein, 0% fat and 100% delicious. I put a few in the freezer and eat it like ice cream.

Thanks Dave hadn't thought of putting yogurt into the freezer. Great idea.
  • patmid
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Greek Yogurt
    Veggie Chips
    PB2
    Beef Jerky
    Cheese
    Protein bars

^^ Usually my go to snacks

Many thanks Troutsy my list of snack ideas is getting longer and longer - brilliant.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Plain/Greek yoghurt with sliced almonds (weigh it!)

I've also discovered quark, which is a soft cheese of some sort but low fat and really high protein. Available easily in UK supermarkets. Has texture of yoghurt.
  • patmid
    Options
    Thanks bunsen_honeydew I will give the yogurt and almonds a go. I love Almonds so imperative I weigh.
    I have seen quark and wondered about it, do you mix it with anything else?
  • AndiVentry
    AndiVentry Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    To add to the frozen grapes, I love frozen blueberries too! That and skinnygirl popcorn, fresh berries, fat free cottage cheese on reduced fat triskets, fruit and nut mixes... :smiley:
  • patmid
    Options
    AndiVentry wrote: »
    To add to the frozen grapes, I love frozen blueberries too! That and skinnygirl popcorn, fresh berries, fat free cottage cheese on reduced fat triskets, fruit and nut mixes... :smiley:

Many thanks. I am now armed with a wide choice of snacks to choose from. Brilliant.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Fiber One
    Quest Bar
    Whole wheat sandwich thin with pumpkin butter
    Mozzarella pearls, tomatoes, basil and balsamic vinegar
    Tomatoes, red onion and avocado
    Deli meat rolled with cheese and mustard
    Pickles
    Graham cracker with nut butter
    Whole grain chips with black bean hummus