Am I over training

2»

Replies

• mike_bold
    mike_bold Posts: 140 Member
    tend to agree with the group consensus, sounds like you probably are over training. Can you give us an idea of the intensity? Are you lifting weights around 85% of your 1RM multiple times per week? Are you training for strength? Have you plateaued? Do you have cold like symptoms? Recovery is just as important as exercise, less is more.
  • emijosh2002
    emijosh2002 Posts: 13 Member
    @tziol thank you so much for the positive feedback, since the beginning of this journey I've always trained the same amount of days and time with some variation in weights, so I honestly think that my soreness could come from the change in nutrition, diet has not been as clean as it was in the beginning
  • bloodsy
    bloodsy Posts: 34 Member
    It's actually pretty difficult to over train, assuming you are getting enough sleep for YOU and that you are eating at or above maintenance(which it seems like you do)

Muscle soreness is an indicator of working out a muscle that has not been worked out & or to an extent which it's not used to. Usually muscle soreness will hit you when you try a new Program/Exercise/Intensity/Volume etc something the body is not used to or if you hit the same muscle after 5-7+ days even with the SAME routine.
  • emijosh2002
    @mike_bold according to the calculator I'm at about 88.4 at the top of 10 set, I'm not to sure how that completely works. And I am training for strength, have never really hit a plateau cause Im constantly changing amounts of reps vs weigh
  • emijosh2002
    @bloodsly I do eat accordingly with a minimal calorie deficit most days (5 days) usually going higher on weekends, sleep around 7 hrs which is also normal this week I started a new workout that hit my hamis directly and I was blaming my soreness on my eating but now I'm not so sure....by the way I completely agree with you
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    I highly doubt you are actually overtrained, you would know about it if you were

Are you doing more work than really you need to to achieve a certain result.....most likely.,
  • emijosh2002
    @Hendrix7 other than the fact of being sored what are other signs of over training, because frankly thats all I am right now, thanks for the reply
  • mike_bold
    mike_bold Posts: 140 Member
    based on my own experience, training for strength gains is optimal for me about once a week. I know if I was deadlifting or squating 85% of my one rep max three times a week, I'd be going backwards. You might find yourself getting stronger dialing it back.