Coping with hungry days.

Options
I have been so hungry all weekend. I woke up saterday starving. I got through the day by drinking lots of water and eating more protein. But went to bed hungry. The same happened yesterday. I got fed up of feeling so hungry I gave up and ate and went over my calorie allowance. I don't feel hungry today. But I feel a bit annoyed with my self. I eat 1800 cals a day plus exercise calories so It's not like my body is starving. Do you get days when you feel hungry and how do you cope with it?

Replies

• peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've had a few days in the 75 days I've been tracking. I will choose something and eat half of it and then I wait to see if I require the other half. Sometimes all I need is some chicken broth.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I just eat a lot of carbohydrates when I'm hungry, that usually helps.
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible "HANGRY PHASE" 2 to 3 weeks ago. It was horrible. I actually though I would kill someone. it was over after a few days and I went back to being me B) ...If you don't feel hungry today...use this and try to eat a bit under, to even everything out :). Maybe try weekly calories instead of daily? It is a bit more flexible and gives you room for those hunger days!
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    If I declare war on the fridge, I usually make up for it by putting the overage on the next days allowance. It happens, don't worry about it.
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yes I have days where I feel more hungry than normal, I generally just eat more and try to exercise a bit more, and hope it evens itself out over the week.
  • sstolii123
    sstolii123 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When I get overly hungry I start pounding the vegetables or I make a green smoothie with Ultra Fiber DX. They fill me up and don't add many calories doing it. Good Luck!
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I get that almost once a week. When it happens, I just eat! When it passes, I make up for it the following days by eating a bit under.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Volumetrics. I pick an insanely low cal food and gorge. Like 2 bags of frozen cauliflower, covered in hot sauce, or a little butter. A massive salad with just vinegar, etc....
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    A slice of wholemeal toast with a scraping of marge and 15g peanut butter always sorts me out.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I listen to my body, if my body is telling me I’m hungry then I feed it no questions. I just try to make good choices, high protein, complex carbs, good fats (low saturated fats but I do not exclude them). I don’t often have hunger pangs as I eat high protein and complex card foods and drink plenty of water all of which will help make you feel full longer and give you plenty of energy.
    Good luck with it.
    V/r,
    DW
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    toughen-up-and-embrace-the-suck.png
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I was hungry all weekend too, like, starving. I don't get it. I went over Saturday, but didn't worry about it too much. One day I go over 200 calories, the next I don't eat back my exercise calories. It all evens out. When I am really hungry I just try to eat veggies or like, something I am craving - but just one portion. Last night I actually measured out my ice cream, wanted more - but waited 5 minutes and found out I didn't need more after all.
  • YoungIronG
    YoungIronG Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    sweet mint gum, by orbit... sometime my body/mind is okay just chewing on SOMETHING
  • YoungIronG
    YoungIronG Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    popcorn and water fill me but pretty good too for only about 150 cals
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have hungry days too. Of the 7 days last week, I went over my calorie allowance on 3 of them. I felt bad and worried I was losing focus, but I am back on it today. I think we all go through hunger days and it all evens out in the end.
  • Rockweaver
    Rockweaver Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i was eating 3500 calories a day and started this program and am eating just under 2280 per day and am hungry all the time. i can eat and still be hungry. i assume that over time this will go away i just wonder how long till it stops.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I'll share an example of what didn't work for me. Had a day like that a couple of weeks ago and tried to keep it at bay by snacking all day. It was like that little bit of food just kept the hunger alive. I felt like I should have sat down and ate something substantial until I was full! For me, that would make me feel better and I probably wouldn't feel the need to eat much at the next meal.
  • taentea
    taentea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm having one of those days today for the first time in almost 6 weeks of tracking. And I know I should be going over with plenty of calories saved in previous days and some unaccounted exercise on the top. But it's been a while since I went over my limit. I've made it through holidays and other 'difficult' days and I just don't want to break the chain now on an ordinary day like this. So I had some veggie soup earlier for the volume and made myself a good pot of oolong tea that will keep me busy till my cottage cheese in the evening. Grapes and brazillian nuts may sound like a waste of calories in sutuation like this but surprisingly they make a great company for the tea. Not even half of the snack in and I'm feeling relief already.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    When I'm hungry, I eat and log it.
  • SkinnyMiss053
    SkinnyMiss053 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Drinking water as if my life depended on it! Like, a litre in one go. Or coffee. Helps suppress my appetite. I'm not sure if that works for everyone though, maybe it's just me because coffee doesn't work for my sister she says. :confused: