Options
LexiAiden
LexiAiden Posts: 1 Member
Any suggestions for low cal lunches... I hate salad

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,541 Member
    Options
    If you don't like salads, think of any other lunch you can imagine and eat that. Plan, measure, and weigh to make whatever you're having fit in your day.
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You definitely don't have to eat salad for it to be low calorie. Here's some ideas:

Soup
    Meat/veggies
    Wraps with veggies and meat
    Greek yogurt and fruit
    Protein bars
    Veggies and hummus
    Cottage cheese
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    What kind of things do you like? Do you hate salads because you hate lettuce? I like to do a load of grilled veggies and then some sort of protein (chicken or turkey burgers lately). Or you can make lo-cal tuna salad and have in a lettuce wrap or portion down things you do like. I love leftovers for lunch personally!
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Anything that's not salad?
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever eat salads though I am having one tonight.

Spinach
    Tomatoes
    Green onions
    Cucumbers
    Mushrooms
    Cheese
    Topped off with spicy shrimp

On the side some roasted cauliflower and broccoli

I haven't figured the calories yet but I am estimating around 400...give or take a few.

For lunch I did a chicken taco mix with pita crackers. It came to 290 calories.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I usually have leftovers or a sandwich for my lunch.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    OP...what do you consider low calorie. There are some here that think 700-800 is low!

We need a range before we can help you very much.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    SOUP!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches
    Leftovers from home
    Bento boxes
    Sushi
    Microwave meals (though they're high in sodium)
    Fast food/cafeteria food (just keep in mind that it's harder to control your calories when eating out)
    Slice of pizza (if you can stop at one and it fits in your goals)

There are so many options! Start with what you're already eating for lunch and look for healthier swaps. Salad is not required for weight loss!
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Nimble bread under 100 calories for 2 slices.... then a low calorie filler

sugar free jelly also low in calorie... hartleys pots in tesco do 10 cal a pot

Tuna 100g is 99 calories

Tesco turkey steaks 100g is 106 calories

Oatmeal with water 20g 102 calories

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Your salads dont have to consist of lettuce or greens of any kind if you don't like them. I love roasted veggie and pasta salad, soups, etc.
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    salads dont have to be lettuce-based. i just made an AMAZING cucumber and red onion salad!

others i've had: cherry tomato and cucumber salad (with olive oil/balsamic vinegar, fresh garlic, red onion), avocado, cilantro and chicken salad <- ONE OF MY FAVS!

there are times i just eat a ton of random veggies as my "salad" (no lettuce) with my protein and call it a day.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I also do not like salad in almost any way. Lettuce or otherwise. They just don't fill me up at all and sometime make me hungrier. I now do baked chicken breast, burrito bowls, tortilla pizza, leftovers. You can also do sandwiches, other types of salads as ppl have said such as potato, tuna, pasta if you like those. The possibilities are endless.