How Badly Were You Eating Before MFP?

Options
13»

Replies

• elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I actually only ate 800-1000 calories a day, however drinking was a different story, 4-5 energy drinks most days and went to the bar 5-6 days a week and probably drank another 1000-1500 calories a day. I will never give up drinking, but I pace myself and drink water between drinks now too :-)
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I was eating around 3200 calories per day -- and most of it was highly processed, high fat, carb loaded junk.

Me too. Mostly fast food, too. :blushing:
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    There was a time I was eating between 3000-5000 cal a day....then I found this site...and it took me almost two months before I could get it under control I still struggle but I have most of it under control now...
  • Jspiffy
    Jspiffy Posts: 15
    Options
    I would say on an average anywhere from 6000 to 10000 calories a day. I was eating out at least 3 times a day. That was a minimum. I would go to a buffet twice a week. I would wreck shop there. I still go to the buffet because I can't resist the pizza there but now I limit myself to 2 slices and 6 wedges. Before I would have about three plates with 2 slices each plate plus an enormous amount of wedges hot wings and what not. Not to mention the 4-5 refills of pepsi I would have. I think I was/am so addicted to fast food because of the grease. I miss it to a point but then I have to remind myself whats better, feeling good or feeling like crap all the time without any will or energy to do anything!
  • MelsDiet
    MelsDiet Posts: 69
    Options
    Before this site (which was this time last week!) I used to eat all day long, I'd pick at things constantly especially chocolate (Dairy Milk, Galaxy, Maltesters etc etc) It wasn't unusal for me to eat a couple of huge bags of chocolates or a couple of large chocolate bars each day. We also had a lot of take away - Chinese, KFC, McDonalds, Fish & Chips, Pizza etc. I wouldn't dare put it all into this site though to see the calorie intake, I'd be so embarressed to know exactly what it was.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I didn't have MFP last year so I wrote everything on paper but counted carbs rather than calories. I use to eat so much carbs and process food! I've been keeping a food diary for 1.5 years now and a lot more mindful of what I eat.
  • jenn2080
    jenn2080 Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh, I was out of control!! Eating out... Mexican, McDonald's, Dairy Queen and I mean everyday! I had to be 3 or 4xs over my allowed calories a day. What a difference MFP has made this past week. My first weigh in for my diet is tomorrow morning, and I have high hopes.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I was eating 80% super healthy by food volume. Lots of lentils, veggies, fruits, lean meat etc.

It was the other 20% of the food that was the problem.
  • SweetPrettyBrown
    SweetPrettyBrown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'd say over 4,000. I had a binge eating problem , or for the most part, "eating my emotions" LOL. It's a little funny to me because looking back at it, I should have known better and I could have done better.