just a question that anybody can answer

Options

Replies

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Lexicpt wrote: »
    The only condiment I don't count is mustard. I measure out everything else.

Ditto.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    How many people count the condiments they use and add them. How many people don't. Should we add them or not.

I count everything, but salt
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I count salad dressing, bbq sauce, mayo, ketchup, etc. I am short and only eat around 1280 cals, so it adds up for me.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Everything counts, Bro.

Everything.
  • manders_b
    manders_b Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    In general I count everything. I won't count something used very sparingly with few calories - like a bit of horseradish or vinegar - but stuff like barbecue sauce, salad dressings and ketchup can really add up for me.
  • Bhlinebee
    Bhlinebee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I count them!!
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Much to my dismay, I realized that even dill / parsley have a fair amount of calories. I like adding fresh herbs to my arugula and baby spinach salad mix, and it comes to around 150 calories for a big size salad just for the greens. So yep, I started weighing them. Same goes for garlic and onions.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Everything but red hot, because I don't use enough of it to register on the scale.
  • 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it but I don't use sauces anymore. Mustard and spices are it for me, I log them too.
  • Sassymama66_75HARD
    Sassymama66_75HARD Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I log everything!
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I log condiments.

Since I'm trying hard to lose weight, every bit counts for me. Gives me peace of mind.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    How many people count the condiments they use and add them. How many people don't. Should we add them or not.

I count them because they have calories, and it all adds up.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I do count things that are oily, high in fat, or otherwise calorie-heavy. Other stuff that's 5c/Tb, for instance, I won't count because I generally use even less than that (I calibrate via tablespoons regularly).
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    i just wanted to say your titled cracked me up :)

right now i'm not logging anything on here, but when i do, i log everything.
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I count condiments but not herbs/spices unless they were out of a packet (like Discovery taco seasoning mix). Generally packets are for big meals which get divided up anyway so in hindsight even that probably isn't worth it. The eye opening one for me is a tub of garlic and herb dip from Dominoes. I could've gone through 3 of those in one sitting but since logging I just stick to one!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Yup…I count em. Mayo, mustard, ketchup, salsa, salad dressings, you name it.
  • _m0lly
    _m0lly Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I only ever logged the light mayo if I ate it, and never bothered adding the others. I quite recently logged some Heinz ketchup though as I am slightly addicted haha, but haven't kept that up.
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    If I use a condiment, it's usually yellow mustard. It's low enough calories that I don't count it. 5-10 calories isn't enough for me to weigh. If it's barbeque or salad dressing, I'll weigh it. It's easy to overdo those and add a ton of calories without realizing it.
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I log my salad dressing, oils and mustard. I don't log spices.