Counting calories

KCJ120
KCJ120 Posts: 18 Member
Sometimes I eat food that are hard to find how any calories I eat. And when I go to calculate it I don't know how or what is the right way of doing it for it to be accurate! Extremely frustrating but if anyone has any tips, apps or websites that are useful, it would be grately appreciated!

Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Is this take out food? Food you made? Something someone made for you? What type of food are you having trouble finding?
  • KCJ120
    KCJ120 Posts: 18 Member
    It was food someone else made. And I don't know the full ingredients but it was homemade stuffing. It had white flour, boiled chicken, chicken broth, eggs, oil
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    KCJ120 wrote: »
    It was food someone else made. And I don't know the full ingredients but it was homemade stuffing. It had white flour, boiled chicken, chicken broth, eggs, oil

In this case, the best you can do is choose something from the database that is similar. Is it 100% accurate? No. But it's only 1 item/meal. Log it and then move on.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Google it and use some common sense by looking at similar things or breaking it down into ingredients. Guesstimate, be pragmatic ask for recipes/ ingredients.
  • fleakm
    fleakm Posts: 1 Member
    This is the biggest reason I quit using this program. My wife fixes all my meals. For home and for work. I usually try to guess but if I'm doing that then what good is it
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    I don't understand the question. If you don't even know what was in the food, it's impossible to get a precise calorie estimate. You'll have to guess.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Stuffing is kind of variable, depending on who made it and how. that being said, all you can do is give it your best guess. It's only one time. overestimate if you need to, you'll probably be close.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    fleakm wrote: »
    This is the biggest reason I quit using this program. My wife fixes all my meals. For home and for work. I usually try to guess but if I'm doing that then what good is it

This is ridiculous. I doubt you are a helpless child. Ask your wife the ingredients she used, or better yet, buy a food scale and ask her to weigh things as she prepares them. Or get into the kitchen and get involved in helping out with the weighing and calculating process. After all, it's your weight loss.