Anyone want to join me with having a 'dry' May?

Options

Replies

• D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'll start on the 4th with you. It won't be easy. I have a party on the 9th, but let's give it a shot! I'll volunteer to be the designated driver. I drink every day. And the calories really add up. I'm going to try hard and I hope you will hold me accountable. My diary is open.
  • clairel1985
    clairel1985 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in, starting today 4th May.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. Starting today May 4th.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I failed already. I had a Guinness on Saturday.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Me too. I failed during the fight that was so boring.

• mercetclark
    mercetclark Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to do this too, peeps. I'm sure the alcohol is sabotaging my weight loss. I'm going to attempt it though. Might be difficult because my birthday and Memorial Day are in May, but there's always something no matter when. Cheers!
  • dawnrpurvis
    dawnrpurvis Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Not failed, just a minor slip, giving something up always comes with a few hiccups along the way (taking as an ex smoker).

I drank on Saturday as discussed, felt all day yesterday feeling rubbish, ate too much (including a Chinese deep fried take away) and still feel quite rough today! It can't be worth it.

Good luck everyone!
  • geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I did it for lent. Good luck!
  • gyptionft
    gyptionft Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So game for this, just need to get my friends and family on board before they taunt me with the devil that is beautiful bottles of red !

Good luck everyone, we can do this! :smiley::D
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    After tomorrow ! Will give ot a try!
  • price0909
    price0909 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've stopped buying cases of wine to fill my open display wine shelf.. During the week I relax on the couch with a glass then another then snack or chocolate to go with! A bottle of wine (or 3 glasses) is 600+ calories! Then add the snacking! I haven't noticed much weight loss,since I've cut it off during the week but I have been feeling better in the mornings ;0)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Haven't had any alcohol since January 9th! It's a lot easier than I thought it would be since a lot of my social life revolves around happy hours, bars, and clubs. I've found its so nice to go out and stay out late but wake up in the morning after a nice little sleep in and be able to get to the gym and have a great work out! I feel better than I ever have in my life!
  • price0909
    price0909 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Day 4 and one weekend down... how is it going for everyone?
  • fritomaster
    fritomaster Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't drink... does that count lol. Well maybe once or twice a year.
  • Cladf
    Cladf Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this!... got a LOAD of social events, and my weight loss is doing nada right now, despite some (fairly) strict logging, and booze is usually the culprit... so would be great to manage to go to social events and not feel the need to have a drink! :)
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just one day for me since I started yesterday, May 4, but no problems so far. I'm strangely determined to see this month through without touching a drop of alcohol and see how it affects my weight, and well-being. It's bound to, since I don't make good food choices after I've had wine, and tend to skip workouts the day after. I'm psyched about this! Good luck to everyone who's joined this challenge!
  • salgal15
    salgal15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Coming in late, but I also haven't had a drink since May 2. We can do this! Honestly, I don't think I've had a full month without any alcohol since going to college, so I'm excited to see what this does for me.
  • rebelatheart2703
    rebelatheart2703 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Late joining, but also aiming to have an alcohol free May, and haven't had any since 3rd May.. It's not going to be an easy task, since I looove real ale and make an event out of going to lovely pubs and drinking superb beers - but usually that's coupled with a meal out/the diet failing the next day.

I've already turned down a trip to a beer festival this coming weekend ;)
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    So far, so good. Of course, there's always the weekend. :S
  • sarahtmomof3
    sarahtmomof3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    YES! This is a huge part of my problem!! I've been working on losing weight since January 2014.. I've been stalled for about 6 months, partly attributable to alcohol! Lets do this!