Breakfast recipies wanted!

Options
SkyleighBrooks
SkyleighBrooks Posts: 1 Member
Leave your favorite breakfast recipies under 400 cals!! Thanks guys!

Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Half cup of egg whites, 1 egg, a bit of ham, cherry tomatoes, baby spinach & some cheese then grill it. Yummo.
  • clanmcvicar
    clanmcvicar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Apple and Ricotta toast
    1 slice of fruit toast
    1 tbs ricotta
    1/2 grated apple
    sprinkle of cinnamon
    Absolutely delish, and great is you are hanging for something sweet! :smiley:
  • clanmcvicar
    clanmcvicar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Paleo Granola http://eatdrinkpaleo.com.au/our-favourite-paleo-muesli-granola-recipe/
    Absolutely beautiful with Greek yogurt.
    Nom. Nom. Nom.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Usual breakfast is cup of coffee with milk, plus bread with jam. Sometimes a slice of cake instead or bread, if I had time to bake and the kids did not eat it all. In both cases, the total is around 200 calories.
    Every now and then, I have greek yoghurt with fresh fruit and a bit of honey, or a bowl of cereal and milk. Both I think around 200 calories or lower.
    When I have more time to prepare something, usually weekends, french toast. My favourite recipe is mainly egg, milk and a bit of flour, plus the bread of course, and then sliced strawberries and a bit of maple syrup on top. What is for me a feeling portion of this is somewhere between 200-300 calories.
  • chardh
    chardh Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I cook quinoa (in advance) then bake it in the oven with 2 tsp of honey mixed in till it crisps up to make a sort of granola texture, and I eat a few sprinkles of that on greek yogurt, I get something filling, semi sweet and the crunch factor.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    There are so many options under 400. Some of my faves would be overnight oats, baked oatmeal, homemade muffins, scones, and waffles.
  • kchezelle
    kchezelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
  • artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    ^^ I've got to try these banana pancakes! Thanks for that easy recipe!
  • artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    And my go to breakfast is:
    2 large eggs (148 calories) scrambled with .25 oz chopped kale 4 + .5oz diced sweet bell pepper (5 calories) cooked in 1/2 tablespoon butter (50 calories) = 207
    1 toasted slice Nature's Own 100% whole wheat bread 55 + 1 tbsp premium raspberry 75% fruit spread 35 = 90
    TOTAL = 297
    You can add fresh fruit of your choice to get closer to 400 calories.
  • lilismom69
    lilismom69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1 whole wheat tortilla
    cinnamon cream cheese (I make my own with cinnamon, sweetener, vanilla and a pinch of nutmeg)
    frozen blueberries 1/4 to 1/2 cup
    2 slices turkey bacon
    Spread cinnamon cream cheese on one half of tortilla top. Sprinkle with frozen blueberries. Fold over and grill like a quesadilla on a hot griddle. Flip to get both sides (berry juice may leak)
    I put in fridge for a few to cool while I prepare my turkey bacon slices
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I'm loving this frittata lately.
    Chop and crisp 4 slices of center cut bacon, remove from pan
    Cook 1/2 lb of shredded cabbage or brussels sprouts in the bacon grease
    Whisk 4 eggs, 4 egg whites, 1/4 cup skim milk and salt and pepper
    Mix all, pour in a parchment-lined pan, top with scallions, and bake at 400 for about 15 minutes until set.
    4 servings, 140 calories each.
    frittata.jpg

Breakfast burritos are always great to have on-hand in the freezer:
    Sauté onion, pepper, mushroom, spinach. Chop 8 slices of turkey or center cut bacon, and crisp. Cook 8 scrambled eggs, and mix all cooled ingredients together. Lay out 8 large high fiber/low carb burritos (like La Tortilla Factory smart and delicious line or Ole Wellness High Fiber) – for gluten free, Aldi sells a 90 calorie GF tortilla. Divide mixture amongst 8 burritos, top each with ¼ cup of cheese of choice, and roll into burritos, folding in the sides. Lay seam side down on cookie sheet, and freeze. Once frozen, transfer to labeled freezer bag. To serve, microwave wrapped in damp paper towel for 2-3 minutes until thawed or microwave until thawed and crisp in a pan or under the broiler. Options: add in cooked potatoes, vegetables to taste, sun dried tomatoes, jalapenos, hot sauce, or any other preferred fillings. Can substitute 2 egg whites for each whole egg.
  • ManuelaUngureanu
    ManuelaUngureanu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One avocado cut in half, sprinkled with lemon juice and topped up with ricotta and cherry tomatoes.
    Delicious
  • arob12001
    arob12001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1 cup Stonyfield low fat French vanilla yogurt
    1/2 cup Special K low fat granola
    1/4 cup fresh raspberries or blueberries
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Avocado on wholemeal toast with a poached egg and cherry tomatoes (my current favourite)
    Any shashuka recipe (there are tonnes if you google it)
    My favourite pancake recipe: http://www.veggiesbycandlelight.com/whole-wheat-greek-yogurt-pancakes/
    Porridge with peanut butter and golden syrup (it's so filling, it's worth being a few over the 400cal mark)
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Oooh, and this: http://www.acedarspoon.com/strawberry-banana-peanut-butter-chocolate-quesadilla/ (I ate a lot of these when I live far away from work and had to eat and drive at the same time...)
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Blend used to be one of my favorite prepared potatoes to use as a side dish for breakfast. The version I made from scratch today is approximately 10% less calories and about 15% of the sodium!

John's Version:
    10oz Yukon Gold Potatoes
    4-5oz Onion, diced (1 medium)
    1 tsp Garlic Pepper Seasoning
    1 TBS Butter

Slice potatoes to 1/4" slices and roast at 425 for 20-25 minutes until golden, turning once. Chill for at least 30 minutes.

Melt butter and add diced onions and sautee 4-5 minutes until onions about 1/2 cooked.

Dice chilled potatoes.

Add potatoes and seasoning to onions and sautee until onions are tender and both potatoes and onions are a bit charred. Serve immediately.

2 servings, 170 calories and 150mg sodium. Simply potatoes are about 200 calories for this size serving and 1000mg sodium, and mine taste better!!

For some added bulk, we've added some diced zucchini. You can double the portion for about 20 more calories, and they add a nice hint of sweetness to the dish.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Beans on Toast.

Heinz reduced salt and sugar beans, 1 slice of burgen bread.

Approx. 380 Calories, and nearly 25 grams of complete protein.

Sometimes the simplest ideas are often the best :smile:
  • madelinecroteau
    madelinecroteau Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to make coconut flour pancakes, egg white French toast, egg muffins and overnight oats!

Egg muffins:
    (Makes 6 - approx. 103 calories each)
    5 eggs
    6 slices of pre-cooked bacon
    Desired veggies (I used green pepper and red onion)
    1/4 of milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk)

- Preheat oven to 400°F
    - Line baking muffin tray with bacon strips
    - Mix 5 eggs in a bowl with milk
    - Pour eggs into the muffin tray space
    - Place chopped up veggies into the egg mixtures
    - Place in the oven for 18-20 minutes
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Two egg whites and one whole egg, scrambled with a big ol' handful of spinach. Add mushrooms if you like.

This has been my 6 day a week, go-to breakfast. All that might change after tomorrow, when I try those egg and banana pancakes, though!!!