meal replacement shake??

Options
xtal614
xtal614 Posts: 19 Member
I asked this a bit ago, but didnt get enough responses...

I eat only 2 meals a day. I am a super busy stay at home/work at home mom who has no time to herself. Today i ate 345 calories all day!! it was a crazy day. I dont have an appetite usually and forget to eat and then when I do eat it seems like its nothing that really sounds good to me, so I dont finish it. Anyways,, I think I need a Meal Replacement Bar/Shake. I dont want to take Special K because of the sugar. And I dont want to do Shakeology because of the cost. Any suggestions???

Replies

• Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I drink Slim Fast shakes to replace a meal or two. Very helpful when I'm too lazy to make a meal myself or I'm in a hurry. I only buy the shakes, not the other Slim Fast products since it gets pricey if you buy everything.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    EAS Myoplex Original
    Optimum Nutrition Oats & Whey (although that does have sugar)
    Muscle Milk makes some too

Oh, and of course any old whey powder mixed with oats or milk or fruit to balance out the carb side of things.
  • SweetPrettyBrown
    SweetPrettyBrown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I take GNC lean shake Vanilla Bean flavor. Absolutely delicious. I add 1 cup of organic fat free milk instead of water and a cup of frozen strawberries/bananas. It is very good and filling. However, when I add to the shake it adds calories but it is also very tasty when you just add water. Hopes this helps!
  • Robyn1733
    Robyn1733 Posts: 58
    Options
    Check out Advocare's meal replacement shakes. They are very filling, and the chocolate tastes like chocolate pudding. very awesome. I do them on the weekends.
  • rachel197536
    Options
    I hve actually been drinking Shakeology but am stopping because of the cost. So I have been doing some research on Whey Protein shakes. From the information I have read it does sound pretty good with some decent nutrients. ALso, fruits and nuts are good "on the go" snacks. Good luck finding the right suppliment for you!
  • Dreawolf
    Dreawolf Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like the Herbalife shakes. I do 2 shakes a day, 2 snacks, plus a meal. It is very helpful when you are really busy. You can look at my food diary if that helps.:smile:
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend likes Shakeology by beachbody.....check them out!!!
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    ADVOCARE!!!!
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have an amazing meal replacement shake. I am a distributor for Amway and Nutrilite makes a lot of things for weight loss( meal bars, snack bars, meal replacement shakes, protein shakes, protein bars etc... I drink at least one meal shake a day but I add things to it like fruit or veggies so I use it more of a base to my meals. If you are interested I would be more than happy to send you my personal stores link and you will get a 30% discount for being a new customer :) Just send me a personal message. Best of luck on your progress!
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    EAS Shakes are great and about $1.25 each at Wal-Mart
    Wal-Mart also carries the Equate brand of Slim-Fast type shakes that taste pretty good and are less than $1 each
    And if you look in the Ensure shake section, they now have a low sugar option.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I use frozen fruit, usually strawberries or raspberries and always mango, a fresh banana, nonfat organic plain yogurt, almond milk (unsweetened), flax or hemp oil and fresh filtered water to loosen in blender. I shop at trader joes for the frozen fruit, better quality and half the cost of other shops. all the sweetness you need comes from the banana if you make sure it's ripe. There is a raw protein on the market you can add a spoon if you need to.

cheers!

p.s. this takes about 3 minutes from start to cleanup of my blender! and best of all....NO CHEMICALS!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    btw congrats on your 12 pound loss! that's awesome! just wondering how you have energy with under 400 calories in your tummy?
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I currently use the slim fast shakes for breakfast a couple days a week. Helps keep my vitamin levels up, because I'm bad about not taking pills.

In the past I have enjoyed Luna bars. Chocolate peppermint stick and the nuts over chocolate were my favorite, but the blueberry bliss, lemon zest, and white chocolate mac were delicious too. Various flavors (and associated NI) can be found here: http://lunabar.com/products/bars/
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I use frozen fruit, usually strawberries or raspberries and always mango, a fresh banana, nonfat organic plain yogurt, almond milk (unsweetened), flax or hemp oil and fresh filtered water to loosen in blender. I shop at trader joes for the frozen fruit, better quality and half the cost of other shops. all the sweetness you need comes from the banana if you make sure it's ripe. There is a raw protein on the market you can add a spoon if you need to.

cheers!

p.s. this takes about 3 minutes from start to cleanup of my blender! and best of all....NO CHEMICALS!

That's awesome! I wish I had a Trader Joe's - closest one is over 1.5 hours' drive away (pout)
    I am stuck with what they have in WalMart or the sorry excuses for produce departments we have in the grocery stores here.
    BUT on the the actual topic.
    I am allergic to artificial sweeteners, so I use EAS Soy Protein because it doesn't use any of the ingredients that give me migraines. I also have overactive taste buds, so sweeteners like stevia taste bitter to me and not sweet. But Jillian Michaels has a good stevia sweetened whey protein powder that you can mix in with your frozen fruit and some low-fat milk or water if the taste doesn't bother you. I made one shake, drank about 1/4 cup and gave the rest of the mix away to a coworker. But many other people have said it tastes pretty good, so maybe try one of her ready mix bottles first before committing to a whole can of the stuff, just to see if you like it.
    Recipe blends: I mix ALL my shakes with 1 cup of 1% milk but a lot of people use just water
    My favorite blends are a tablespoon of frozen orange juice concentrate, 2 ice cubes with vanilla flavored mix for an orange cream shake. My daughter also likes this with the chocolate powder.
    Frozen blackberries and vanilla makes a shake that tastes like lucky charms cereal
    Frozen mango, pineapple and strawberries with vanilla tastes like a rich strawberry milkshake.
    Frozen cherries, a couple ice cubes, the chocolate flavored powders is also yummy.
    I have a friend who mixes the chocolate powder, peanut butter and bananas with greek yogurt and a little milk. He swears by it, but I also hate bananas and peanut butter, so I will take his word for it.

Anyway, I think you get the point ... shakes are pretty versatile.
    I hope you get a lot of good suggestions. And I hope this helped at least a little.
  • boobear00
    boobear00 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I also do Herbalife. To be upfront, I am a distributor, but I did it to help off set the cost of the product. I work 12 hour shifts in a 911 center, don't have a lot of time to eat, don't get a lot of oppurtunities to leave my desk and when I do I have to do so quickly.

Depending on how much work you want to put into the shake it can be as simple as adding shake mix to 8 oz of water or adding all sorts of yummy things with ice and making more of a milkshake. It really is affordable depending on how much of the product you want to use. It can get expensive once you start adding pills and supplements, protein bars, etc. For me I do 2 shakes (with a piece of fruit) a day and a healthy well-rounded meal. For just the shake mix it's $70.90, divide that by 2 meals a day and 30 days in a month and per meal you are spending $1.18 plus the cost of fruit.

I hope you find something that works for you! I think it's very easy to not put ourselves first and the best thing we can do is find what will work for each of us in our individual situations. It's too hard to try and fight against our circumstances, our minds and our bodies. Good Luck!!