I need Abs!

Options
I am the type of person who wants to see results, fast! What is the fastest way to see improvement in a week, especially in my abdominal area? I struggle with my lower abdominals

Replies

• mattjft
    mattjft Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Cut off your skin to reveal your abs!
  • geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    The secret to abs is not a secret: Reduce your body fat percentage. Cardio-lots of it and eating at a caloric deficit. There's no quick solution just one that requires discipline and consistency.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    JammyJohns wrote: »
    I am the type of person who wants to see results, fast! What is the fastest way to see improvement in a week, especially in my abdominal area? I struggle with my lower abdominals

Really, the secret is that it takes more than 1 week to have visible abs.

Caloric deficit, reduce body fat; remember that "abs start in the kitchen" (aka watch your sodium and fiber intakes)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    You will be disappointed if you're gauging marked improvement in a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    A week? Surgery. Are there abs implants?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I do crab walks and planks. I find them the best along with 30-40 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week. You won't see results in just 7 days though, muscle fibres can't change that quickly.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Laughsssssss

OP - lose body fat, follow a progressive compound lifting programme

in a week - make-up

http://www.wikihow.com/Fake-Abs
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    25lbs still to lose and you want to see abs improvement in a week?

Okay........
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    WOW- I set my goals a year out can't imagine a week.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    mattjft wrote: »
    Cut off your skin to reveal your abs!

Yes. Flayzercize.
  • Travis_2
    Travis_2 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Find a body builder boyfriend stat. That's the only way to find some abs quickly. But only pre-show.... after show they balloon back up
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    A week? Surgery. Are there abs implants?

You can get ab implants!

darryn_lyons_cbb.jpg
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Read this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Step 2: Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Sorry, but there are no short cuts. I'm sure many people would like instant abs, sadly it doesn't work like that.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You could also try this.

Abs-No-Exercise.jpg
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Abs are built in the gym and revealed in the kitchen.

Build abs with ab excercises (planks, hanging leg raises, sit ups, cable pull downs, etc. 3x a week) and cut weight at a steady caloric defict (-20% of your caloric TDEE) = Abs!

Remember, CONSISTENCY >>> INTENSITY. Instead of nuking yourself for the first 2 weeks and then giving up for not getting immediate results, realize that it takes time to change your body so enjoy the journey instead of being results driven. You will see results in 2 to 6 months, so give it time!

Edit: you don't need 5 different ab excercises per workout... one solid one for 3 sets and enough reps to work the muscle will suffice. I personally alternate between hanging leg raises and planks (both weighted but I started with no weights).
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You don't need a week. You only need 60 seconds.

420032_10150613550451662_50965406661_9214830_2003354375_n.jpg
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Have to think of fat loss as a sponge drying out. You will loss fat from every where over time with the right diet and training.

• glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options

Have to think of fat loss as a sponge drying out. You will loss fat from every where over time with the right diet and training.

I used to think this was an awesome analogy... until I came home one day and found my sponge half dry and hard, and half still wet. Not sure how that happened but I think it might have had to do with the way the sunlight hit the sponge coming through the window...
  • jibeirish
    jibeirish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    You could also try this.

Abs-No-Exercise.jpg

lol