How important is counting fat grams?? Can you still lose weight with high calorie but low fat grams?

2»

Replies

• shelbelle1001
    shelbelle1001 Posts: 5 Member
    There are high carb raw vegans who eat thousands of calories a day. They lose weight and maintain their weight. So I think calories is a tricky thing and it may depend on what your eating. So losing weight isn't always about calories. I have friends who eat over a thousand calories per meal and they eat three or four times a day and they are ridiculously fit.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    There are high carb raw vegans who eat thousands of calories a day. They lose weight and maintain their weight. So I think calories is a tricky thing and it may depend on what your eating. So losing weight isn't always about calories. I have friends who eat over a thousand calories per meal and they eat three or four times a day and they are ridiculously fit.

get them to weigh and log - they are eating at a calorie defecit if they are losing weight - because science
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member

Yeah, because they are burning a huge number of additional calories with exercise.