I refuse to be a Heffer in my wedding pics!!!!

Options
Well here i am 25 years old 5'10" and cute as a button... except that i weigh 242lbs.
I can make a million and one excuses as to how i managed to get this big. I've had two kids....Ive been stressed.... my doctor put me on Prednisone (a terrible steroid) .... but the truth of the matter is i eat too much. I eat often and i dont eat well.

I always start the day off with the best of intentions and i do great while im at work. but by the end of the day either im hungry and cant wait so i snack while cooking THEN STILL eat a full meal, or i eat the candy that's in my apt because i have the 2 most spoiled sons on the planet. I keep throwing it away but somehow it always seems to find it's way back...

I'd be lying i didnt say that in all honesty the last 3 years have been especially hard on me. in fact ive gained 36 pounds since 2008. Ive moved 4x, serperated from and divorced a cheating husband, had a miscarriage, watched my mother fight breast cancer, and have been hospitalized later diagnosed with Crohn's.

There has been some light at the end of the tunnel. I met someone wonderful! So wonderful infact that i am going to marry him. :)

I cant bare the idea of being this big in my wedding photos. Im going to look at these pictures for the rest of my life. My kids may have them someday. I dont want to look at them with regret because of my size. I dont mind being a bigger girl, i just dont want to be the fat girl anymore.

So Wish me luck!!!!

65lbs in 11 months!!

05/10/2012!!!

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • lauralhicks
    lauralhicks Posts: 168
    Options
    HERE'S TO THE BEAUTIFUL BRIDE ON THE INSIDE, AND THE SOON TO BE PRETTIER ONE ON THE OUTSIDE!
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Be healthy and stay strong. Its a marathon not a race. :heart:

I'm down 68 in 10 months. So I can assure you - totally doable
  • Naeglaria
    Naeglaria Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One step at a time and you will get there!!! Heres to a happier and healthier you!!
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    You can do it. Sounds like you have been through a lot in the past few years, that takes strength!! Look at what you have been through and dig for what has gotten you through and shift it to your weight loss effort. It sounds like the stressful circumstances you have been in have not been through your own choosing and you have made it. But, this weight loss journey can be YOUR choice. Sounds like your goal - 65 pounds in 12 months is VERY reasonable. That is 1.25 pounds per week, a very good goal. MFP helps you track what you eat, be honest, workout when you can and you CAN do this. Good luck!!!!!!!
  • KellyDianeSpears
    Options
    WOW! I could have written this post! Welcome! And congratulations for having the courage to start, and on your upcoming wedding!

I'm also 5'10" and guess what weight I started at? 242! :) I've lost 17lbs so far, and I'm getting married, too! I only have til September 10th though ;) So I won't be quite at goal, but I'm okay with that.

I'm a little older than you, 31, but it sounds like we have many of the same struggles! Please feel free to keep in touch! Maybe we can be weight loss buddies since we have such similar stories and goals?!

Congrats again!!!
    Kelly
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You sound like a pretty resilient person and I'm happy you found MFP. I also have Crohn's.... feel free to check my profile and add me as a friend if you'd like. I know that we all have different experiences with it... but if I can support or help in any way, I'm glad to.

PS - That determination (from the subject line) will take you far!!! Good luck!
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    Oh, forgot to say CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    would not want you to be a HEIFER either--good luck
  • connieholiday
    Options
    Hello!!!!! and Congrats!!!!
    Well i must say, you are in the right place! This site is going to make life so much better for you during your journey, you are gonna love it!!! I am new on here too, and i have 60 lbs to lose. Mini goal, 8-10 lbs before June 11th when my baby graduates, and this site and the people on here have inspired me. I am now following my alotted cal intake willfully and easily, and working out an hour a day. All because i have the support of such a wonderful group of friends on here! So, Girl, i know you will be losing in no time, and will meet your goal or go beyond!! I know this may sound funny but i am excited for you! If you would like to add me, please feel free. We are all in this together! Good luck!!! Connie :bigsmile:
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Good luck, surely you will look beautiful!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    sending lots of love and light!! You can do this girl!! Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • RockAShelley
    RockAShelley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the wonderful well wishes!!! im soooooo excited you have no idea!!! i weighed in today and am already showing results! i feel guilty as sin for not exercising today but tomorrow it WILL happen!!!!