I lost over 50 pounds last year, but never posted. :P

Options
allyyyson
allyyyson Posts: 22 Member
edited May 2015 in Success Stories
aohdas49liat.png
This is what 176lbs to 123lbs at 5'4 looks like. :) I'd love to lose another 10 or so (I am a really, really small frame) But I look and feel so much better! I remember I had the worst leg and feet pain at my job, but after I lost all of it I took on a much more physically active role than I did before, and I have no problem with it. Sorry for the blurry pic, idk what happened I took multiple pictures and they were all blurry. :\

Oddly enough, in real life, only about 5-6 people commented on my weight loss, despite how drastic it is. One of them was convinced I had an eating disorder, which is not true in any way shape or form (I lost it all in about 8 months, which I think is reasonable).

EDIT: I was wearing size 14 pants in the before, size 6 in the after, but I can fit into a 4.
yay2.png 670.3K

Replies

• allyyyson
    Options
    Oh, here is a mid-way pic on the left (I think 156?) and a picture after I lost it all in December :)d0ou6nip2rs7.png
    yay4.png 441.3K
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Good Work! You look awesome! (on the blurry pictures...I would try cleaning off your camera...I've had that problem and it was just a dirty lens) :) Keep it up!
  • allyyyson
    Options
    Swanson83 wrote: »
    Good Work! You look awesome! (on the blurry pictures...I would try cleaning off your camera...I've had that problem and it was just a dirty lens) :) Keep it up!
    Thank you!! :)
  • Effumandshine
    Effumandshine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! <3 Great job!
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Thanks so much for sharing--very inspirational!
  • dka760
    dka760 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feels great right?? Good job!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Great!
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    AreteAndWhimsy Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am glad to hear that you are seeing so many benefits in your life!
  • allyyyson
    Options
    Thank you everyone! It means a lot. :)
  • amnaimon
    amnaimon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The results are awesome.. Care to share how did you achieve such amazing goal ?
  • OBXgirl130
    OBXgirl130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this! I'm around same height, and I had the same starting weight! I'm medium frame so about 130 is where I would love to be. You look amazing! Wonderful inspiration!
  • mirandan731
    mirandan731 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring! I have the same stats as your before stats and this is so motivating on the losing weight front. I just started my journey on myfirtnesspal and have lost 2.5 pounds and that's so exciting for me. :D
  • allyyyson
    edited May 2015
    Options
    amnaimon wrote: »
    The results are awesome.. Care to share how did you achieve such amazing goal ?
    I cut out all drinks except water, which I drink almost exclusively now. Even diet soda. Also, I used to have a cream cheese bagel (which I would order with as much cream cheese as possible! every single morning- probably 600-700 calories. I stopped doing that. Also I stopped buying things like oreos because I could eat the whole box over the course of a day. I would do a lot of 'boredom eating'.

I joined a gym for the first time in my life (however, I can't go as much now due to working night shifts) I would walk/run at least 1-3 miles a day.

I took on a retail job which required me to stand up for 8+ hours a day walking around the store and lifting a lot of heavy things. Definitely burns a lot of calories! My old job was very sedentary, so this was a huge change.

Also MFP is great. Tracking calories is essential. I am trying to maintain at 1,800, but sometimes go a little over but I don't beat myself up over it. Nobody should.

Thank you everyone! Good luck, I know you all can do it!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!