Does anyone know if your food logged onto the Fitbit app will transfer to MFP?

Options
I have MFP synced with my Fitbit and my food is logged in there. Is there a reason that my food log won't transfer from the Fitbit site to MFP? Thanks!

Replies

• agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Watching. Which fitbit do you have? I'm thinking about getting one or a polar heart rate monitor. I can't decide!
  • JessicaThompson12
    JessicaThompson12 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I would log all of your food on MFP and let it sync over to the Fitbit.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I don't have them synced anymore, but when I did I logged food on MFP and exercise on Fitbit. I found I was unable to add my own foods to Fitbit's database (this was almost 3 years ago). Now I can't even log exercise on Fitbit.
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit Charge and I log all my food on MFP which then transfers it across to my FitBit. I love my FitBit and ensure that everyday I hit at least 10k steps. It's also encouraging me to walk the stairs as opposed to taking lifts. Definitely recommend getting one, :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    MFP syncs to Fitbit for the nutrition...not the other way around.. Plus Fitbit's food database is terrible and logging food there is FRUSTRATING to say the least. Not sure why you need MFP if you are logging in Fitbit all food and all exercise...
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I have MFP synced with my Fitbit and my food is logged in there. Is there a reason that my food log won't transfer from the Fitbit site to MFP? Thanks!
    MFP pulls calories burned, steps, weight, BF% and Sleep Minutes from Fitbit.
    Fitbit pulls calories consumed, logged exercises, and weight from MFP.
  • KathyJean63
    KathyJean63 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Which Fitbit is the best one for a new beginner like to start with? I would like it to do all the figuring as calories, exercise and sleep etc.

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    This is for @kathyjean63 (not relevant to the OP's question) ......Google Fitbit and/or go to Fitbit.com. They have many options to choose from and price ranges.. Also you can get detailed reviews and search for the one that suits EVERY need and buy according to your price range. You may want to start your own thread...
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    MFP pulls calories burned, steps, weight, BF% and Sleep Minutes from Fitbit.
    Fitbit pulls calories consumed, logged exercises, and weight from MFP.

^^^ This.

Log food and exercises (other than step-based) onto MFP. Let Fitbit calculate your steps taken and the calories burned from them. :)

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I would log all of your food on MFP and let it sync over to the Fitbit.

this
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yeah I log all of my food in MFP & exercise in Fitbit. Seems to work best that way.
  • jeccawest91
    jeccawest91 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit Charge and I log all my food on MFP which then transfers it across to my FitBit. I love my FitBit and ensure that everyday I hit at least 10k steps. It's also encouraging me to walk the stairs as opposed to taking lifts. Definitely recommend getting one, :)

I completely agree! I have the charge hr and i adore it, second fitbit I've owned.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    .....Fitbit's food database is terrible and logging food there is FRUSTRATING to say the least....
    This. 100 times this.