Finally, after four years!

Options

Replies

• brentopia
    brentopia Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your journey. You're literally half your old self! A very sincere congratulations to you for all your hard work and determination. Pudge? You may be seeing yourself with your old eyes - you look wonderful.
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! FANTASTIC job!!! Congratulations!
  • LoveLoveandRage
    LoveLoveandRage Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! You are such an inspiration! :smiley:
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic- what an inspiration! Thanks for posting :)
  • ryanpaintballer
    ryanpaintballer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The change in your smile is my favorite part! Congrats.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    This is awesome way to go!
  • Amy3935
    Amy3935 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Amazing! A real inspiration - I'm a year in and super stalled but determined to stick to it and keep going anyway.
  • madube84
    madube84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    WOW! well done!
  • sdwdickson
    sdwdickson Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Amazing, congratulations. You look great.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats on your success. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Congratulations in sticking with it for 4 years. You look fantastic and I have no idea what pudge you are talking about as I see nothing but a wonderful healthy, happy, looking lady in those last 3 pictures.
  • Peloton73
    Peloton73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! I wish you continued success. :)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!!!!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Fantastic job!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I finally hit my goal weight today! I've been seriously working on weight loss since January 1, 2012 (I dabbled a bit starting in 2007 and lost 20lbs on the Special K diet, didn't gain it back, but didn't keep it up either). I pretty much knew zero about what I was doing when I started. I did try tracking calories on paper (though I don't think I did it right at all and I weighed nothing).

I worked out on an elliptical I snagged at the grocery for $100, 15 minutes a day, and slowly changed my eating habits. I go to the gym now, since I broke that one from overuse. I go five days a week (1 rest day and I learned that going after a 10+ mile run leads to an AWFUL running week). There were times were I stalled, where I didn't pay as much attention, but I lost slowly. I actually only joined MFP in November at the suggestion of a coworker. Let me tell you, I thought I was eating all right, though I was in a fitness rut (an hour of elliptical and zero strength training a plateau morphing into weight gain does create).

So, I joined MFP and started running and strength training and everything came together. Eventually I got a food scale and that helped even more. And today, when I stepped on the scale I expected it to not have changed or to have dropped .5lb/1lb as I'd been a little stuck the last two weeks. And what do you know, down four pounds! :D

It's been a very long road, and I'm cautiously going to enter into maintenance with the goal of doing some toning (mostly this bit of pudge right above my belly button. Perfect for hanging over the waistband on my jeans. :expressionless: ) and continuing to train for my first half marathon in May! It'll be a little weird, not being so focused on losing weight, but I'm just glad I never gave up. :smiley:

I've learned a lot from trolling the forums and reading the blogs and it's been so helpful to have more than just the Biggest Loser as your only fitness guide, haha.

ke52j4vfn6a4.jpg

That first photo was taken in May of 2008 when I got my new car (which I traded in right before they were declared lemons, haha.) The second was a few weeks ago (and the pudge is there, I just hide it. ¬_¬)

wlr11iqlx56d.jpg

1y4126bhbu05.jpg

The first photo was taken Thanksgiving 2014 after my very first race and the second was me a week or two ago after my first 5k (which I placed first in my age group!). You can see the pudge in the first picture and it has gotten smaller with strength training, but I'd like it even less visible.

It's been a long road and it was nice to step on the scale after my long run today (I was annoyed for most of it, I'm tired of it warming up in the middle of the week only for it to drop back down with icy winds by the weekend) but I'm glad I made it. :)

220 was my top weight and now I'm down to 110. :D

Wow!! Amazing story. You look so good. Thank you for sharing your inspirational story.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats you have done so well good luck
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep it up!
  • progressisbeautiful
    progressisbeautiful Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, good luck with your race :)
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!