The nutrition page

Options
whose idiot idea was it to change the nutritional page?? I liked it the way it was. Urgggg. Why fix something that wasn't broken!!!!

Replies

• andreamulhall
    andreamulhall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I know! I hate the new one Grrrr
  • suzieJones55
    suzieJones55 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I refuse to upgrade or whatever but many have asked and wow! Not very friendly
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I refuse to upgrade or whatever but many have asked and wow! Not very friendly

What does that mean?
  • determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I pretty much hate the new one too, especially the new format for the macro/micro nutrient list! It's just clunky and annoying to read. Also, maybe I'm alone here, but I could care less about which meal contained the most calories. And I usually have a pretty good idea without a pie-chart breakdown. :s
  • suzieJones55
    suzieJones55 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree does anyone know why they did this?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Complaining about a free app.

#firstworldproblems
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    It's like anything else that changes. People moan and wail about it until they get used to it. I played around with it and decided it's fine. I also upgraded to Premium, $50 for a year. I only use the Android app, and the ads were getting bigger and more numerous. I also like some of the other premium features, and considering how much MFP does for me, a dollar a week is no big deal.

As mentioned above, it's a free app. Stop complaining. Get used to changes or quit using it. I mean, it's not like what Microsoft did to us with Windows 8 or anything...
  • determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

#firstworldproblems

Eh, we just like to whine. ;) I think we're allowed an opinion though-- the app is built with users in mind, right?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options

#firstworldproblems

Look at you all dressed up in sanctimony...

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yea, the new one is horrible.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

#firstworldproblems

Look at you all dressed up in sanctimony...

*like*
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it. It's kind of groovy. I just wanna know how to sync back up my calorie goal with diary. Damn thing is stuck at maintenance. I have a goal of 2820, which is a gain of 1 pound per week. It's stuck on 2320, which is my maintenance. I've manually changed it, changed my goals, went through the guided setup, still the same. Fix this please MFP. Wherever you are!
    I had the same problem. It can be done manually, but not in the obvious way that always worked in the past. You have to go to Goals, View Guided Setup, Change your current weight to a different number, click Update Profile, go back to the previous page, Update Your Diet Profile, put your current weight back in, choose the number of pounds you want to lose each week, and click Update Profile.

Crazy, right?

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm not seeing a difference. Are you looking at the app or website. If the app, what kind of phone are you using?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    It's quite different on the app. The website is still the same. I'm using an android. I really would have rather they gave the website page an overhaul and make it more like the PREVIOUS app nutrition page. It seems like they went out of their way to make the app more clunky. :expressionless:
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Mine has not changed yet.

Screenshot_2015-05-06-09-52-24_zpsm6zendus.png
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what y'all were talking about. I never use the app, only the website.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I have not updated my phone app yet...
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new to MFP, so I never got super comfortable with the old screen. I kinda like the new one. For me at least, it is easier to read. I guess I am in the minority. ;)