Stress Eating College Kids

Options

Replies

• KayyB13
    KayyB13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hmmm snacks for the library? Any suggestions?? Haha.. Two more days :)
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    So my University has their "End of the Semester Dinner" tomorrow in all the dining halls, which in like a huge event on campus haha. Consists of: lobster tail, filet mignon (sp?), cheesy potatoes, tortellini, steamed veggies, rolls, and endless desserts (all kinds of chocolates, brownies, chocolate fondue with soo many different things to dip in it, cupcakes, ice cream, cookies, crepes, ect ect). They go all out.... HELP! Hahah. Not to mention we make it like a team event/dinner after our Friday practice, so I can't not go! This is going to be such a challenge!

Haha they did the same on my campus they had a huge bbq in one of the parks on campus.... I just looked in the other direction and went to class early (outta sight outta mind) it didn't help when everyone from class came in with hotdogs and burgers complete TORTURE and not to mention our teacher decided to have a pizza party as well and someone brought in brownies *rolls eyes*

Everyone kept on telling me just to have one but I stuck it out cuz I knew if I did I'd hate myself after.

Plus I just got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and I know I won't be able to go to the gym being hopped up on pain killers.

Good luck with the dinner though.... if anything just make sure you workout a little but extra the day before and after to counteract the large intake of food you'll be consuming lol

I lost a bunch of weight when I had my wisdom teeth out because for about 3 weeks you can't chew!
  • lindsaylove07
    Options
    I am the WORST procrastinator "i'll study for quantitative methods once my room/car/closet/kitchen/bookbag is clean. Soooo I have a really clean house, but I still don't know what a PERT chart is. And I ate like a FIEND this weekend, we had clients exit the shelter and leave their kids easter candy behind....it all ended up in my tummy!

But I went shopping and got cute skinny clothes, so I am back on track!

What's the challenge this week?!
  • arieltheincredible
    arieltheincredible Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    So not only am I tempted to eat free food on campus I'm also tempted at my job!!!!! Ugh I hate it!!!! Especially when it's freeeeeee LOL. Today was so hard there was free food on campus and free pizza at work. I resisted it but sadly went to church's with my roommate lmao. But did an 1hr and 45 min of aerobics to work it off.

I work in retail and a lot of the girls there are naturally skinny and have the WORST eating habits!

They constantly bring in chocolates, chips and anything and everything that's bad for you. And of course because they're such nice people they bring enough to share with the entire store *rolls eyes*

They always just urge me to have a few that it wont "kill me" but I always say no... it sometimes angers me because this whole weight loss struggle thing is something they'll never understand or can even begin to understand... they always joke about how gung-ho I am about exercising and how much I stress about what I eat

But just stay strong and bring in your own healthy snacks to work to munch on while they eat those greasy abominations lol

Oh I know!!! I work at a call center and they bring in free food almost every week! Donuts, pizza, cookies and it continues! ! I bring my own snacks and pack my lunch to avoid bad choices lol
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Anything healthy and QUIET! So no apples, bananas are good though. Hard to think of any carb snacks that aren't loud and crunchy.
  • lindsaylove07
    Options

Anything healthy and QUIET! So no apples, bananas are good though. Hard to think of any carb snacks that aren't loud and crunchy.

I took half a cup of apple cinnamon cheerios (any cereal would work I think)last night in a plastic baggie, but our library is "sound divided" which means I can be quiet on the 1st floor, silent on the 2nd and group study on the 3rd. Which means i probably wouldn't take those cheerios to the 2nd floor lol (but then again I think i breathe too loud for the 2nd!!!)
  • a_reyes9288
    a_reyes9288 Posts: 36
    Options
    one more final to go on friday!!!! I AM STOKED!!!

how's everyone else doing???
  • gurlysmiles2001
    Options
    i'm done with my exams, finally! just turned in a research paper by midnight last night for a group project. i'm already eating way less calories. maybe its a mental thing, because when i'm stressed and studying, like on monday i ate so much and felt like i was starving all day. hope i do better when finals come around in 5 weeks. for now back to the gym i go!

snacks for the library that are quiet is a tough one for me too. cereal is always good, also dried apple slices or small box of raisins. i even went as far as pan fried chicken breast one day in a ziplock baggie haha. quiet but a little messy since it was pan fried in olive oil :P
  • gurlysmiles2001
    Options
    this week flew by, and i never even thought to post a new challenge for the week. i've been mentally going with 8 glasses of water, and trying to get 20 exercise mins. those i really seem to struggle with
  • TrinityPixie4
    TrinityPixie4 Posts: 109
    Options
    Just checking in. Every thing went through with financial aid, I was nervous about that I even started binge eating in the middle of the night. Got news today that everything went through fine, next week I have a 3 day orientation course to go through (online), before my real course work begins. Hopefully I can keep it together during that time where I won't binge on food.
  • Jorra
    Options
    Just checking in. Every thing went through with financial aid, I was nervous about that I even started binge eating in the middle of the night. Got news today that everything went through fine, next week I have a 3 day orientation course to go through (online), before my real course work begins. Hopefully I can keep it together during that time where I won't binge on food.

Good luck! We're here if you need to vent. Financial aid is a huge pain in the butt.
  • RawFeelsGood
    Options
    Can I join? Just wrapping up my first draft of my thesis...oh grad school, it's been crazy, but I thankfully haven't put on too much weight. I just ate a lot of chickpeas out of stress. I have a lot of food allergies - if I could, I probably would have had plenty of our good friend, yes, that's right, chocolate (and maybe some pizza too).

I'm exhausted - time for bed! Good luck guys!
  • Jorra
    Options
    Can I join? Just wrapping up my first draft of my thesis...oh grad school, it's been crazy, but I thankfully haven't put on too much weight. I just ate a lot of chickpeas out of stress. I have a lot of food allergies - if I could, I probably would have had plenty of our good friend, yes, that's right, chocolate (and maybe some pizza too).

I'm exhausted - time for bed! Good luck guys!

We're here for you! How's the thesis coming? What's it about?
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    I definitely noticed my diet changed at the end of the semester. Finals didn't stress me out, the multple 11+ page papers with 10 minute presentations caused me to have a near meltdown!! I craved nothing but dortios and dr. pepper ( I know! So horrible!!) Dinners got lazy and exercise went right out the window. Now I can breathe and everything is back to normal. Such a relief!
  • Marzipan91
    Marzipan91 Posts: 46
    Options
    I don't know how it happened but during finals, even though I ate terribly, I lost weight. Maybe I'm better at being healthy than I thought?
  • TrinityPixie4
    TrinityPixie4 Posts: 109
    Options
    This week I started my courses. Man am I stressed out, I even got confused over something I responded to. My own words confused me, that was how stressed out I was/am. I just need to remember if something is causing that much confusion that I need to take a break from it and come back to it later when my head is clear. I didn't lose any weight this week, but I didn't gain either. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Jorra
    Options
    I don't know how it happened but during finals, even though I ate terribly, I lost weight. Maybe I'm better at being healthy than I thought?

Maybe, I entered the junk food I'm planning on eating today for my cheat day and I'm still only 100 cals over. Good job surviving finals!
  • bexxw
    bexxw Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey guys this is a great idea.. I'm a masters student mid thesis and on my second all nighter! I had been surviving on coffee and periodic 2 hr naps, until I went nuts and ate the vast majority of 'healthy snacks' in my cabinet.. turns out they are only healthy if you eat one.. not the whole box! Any thoughts on how to stop doing that??
  • pinkstapler
    pinkstapler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey guys this is a great idea.. I'm a masters student mid thesis and on my second all nighter! I had been surviving on coffee and periodic 2 hr naps, until I went nuts and ate the vast majority of 'healthy snacks' in my cabinet.. turns out they are only healthy if you eat one.. not the whole box! Any thoughts on how to stop doing that??

I've done that too! I think that you just get so tired your body needs something to keep it going, so while sleep would be the best way to stop this from happening it isn't always possible in college :) So what I have done during finals is make it harder to get to my food. For example I'll put my snacks in the back of my clothes closet (closed stuff only no ants!) so I have to work to get it. If I do feel the need to eat a snack I'll pull one out from its hidding place and sit down somewhere away from the other food and eat my one thing. Then quickly work on my paper or whatever to distract myself from the fact that there is more yummy food around the corner. This usally works if it doesn't I make my roommate hold my food hostage so the snacking doesn't get out of hand. Generally one of the two strageies works. Hope this helps :)
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Bumping this so it's in my topics. :smile: