What would you do?

Options
Tomorrow night through saturday evening is a holiday of sorts for me. I plan on having some cake and ice cream with dinner plus having some sweets on saturday. Tonight I am only at 1050 calories/850 net... Should I call it a night since I will probably go over a little tomorrow?

Replies

• milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. I would complete my regular food day today.. Tomorrow or the day you are having cake, I go a littler light on the sugar, but still make sure to get in protein and veg. watch the carbs and sugar cause the cake is going to eat up most of that. Most importantly don't go nuts on the cake.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    how much did you exercise today?
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to short myself calorie-wise in the days leading up to days that could turn out to be a higher calorie. I eat normally in the days leading up to it, but I may eat lighter that day to accommodate the higher calories I may consume. For example, if I know I'll be going out to dinner I will eat lighter during the day so I don't have to worry so much about it. But, I don't short myself the day before or the day after to "make up" for it.
  • jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    If you're hungry, eat. If you're not, one day of low net calories won't hurt you, so why eat?
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry, don't eat! lol Find some extra time to workout and realize that life happens....parties happen. You'll probabley only hit maintenance anyway.....you won't gain anything from it, you just won't lose. PS Drink alot of water :) Once your losing phase is over....you'll hopefully stick with the new lifestyle,just increase cals......don't sweat it.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Have a light breakfast and lunch to accommodate the higher calories tomorrow. Also work out extra :) that's what I do and it's working!!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    yap if your not hungry dont eat your going to over eat on cake and candy and eating less today might help in the end
  • Thexplodingirl
    Options
    Everyone's body is different. If I eat less than 1200 net, I GAIN weight (go figure). Myself? I have a party to go to on Sat and am planning on a good hike before to help me with the extra calories I consume. Look at yourself like a scientist: try it one way, and if that doesn't work, chalk it up to knowledge and try it the other way.

as my hubby JUST put it to me "You don't get rollover minutes" :)
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I wouldn't go below 1200 calories, it's just not good fro the body and dieting. On days I know I'm going to splurge I either sneak a workout in, or I certainly make sure I get a good workout in the next day and I don't over do the splurge.

I know that scarfices are going to have to be made, so I just don't entice myself with things like cake. I haven't had a single piece of cake in well over a year. I haven't even had a cookie, eventhough it was my sisters goal to get me to eat one at Christmas. She lost!

Go have a good time, you deserve it. Everyone does! It sounds like you're really looking forward to it.

And good luck on your future goals!

Dustin.