dessert

Options
simple question i need some good recipes . i work for a FD and when i cook i like to have a nice dessert after but i dont want anything that doest taste good . a group of men that dont get a good dessert are not fun to be around. please help me out (i know u guys will cuz u all rock !!!!!!!!!)

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    my girl uses the biggest loser desert cookbook. you can google the recipes.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Strawberry shortcake...
  • luvamig
    luvamig Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Best place for this question is the recipe thread. But when I want dessert, and I'm on a calorie budget I make a fruit salad.

1 banana
    4 large strawberries
    1 Kiwi
    1/2 to 1 cup of grapes

2-4 tbs of light whipped cream on the side to dunk it in. =)
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Parfait's are good; fresh berries or fruit, layered with a little greek yogurt that's mixed with honey to give it sweetness, and granola for crunch. Fr the chocoholics, get semi dark (around 65%) chocolate and shave it over. My favorite is raspberries/yogurt/granola/shaved chocolate.

You can also make chocolate cake made with applesauce instead of oil or butter.
    2 cups flour
    1 cup sugar
    1 tbsp cornstarch
    2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/3 cup cocoa
    1 1/2 cups applesauce

Preparation:
    Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan. Note: You can use other cake pans, but because this cake is a bit heavy, layered cake pans are not recommended.

Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.

Add applesauce and mix well until batter is smooth.

Bake for 50-55 minutes, until done. You can always tell that a cake is finished baking by sticking a toothpick in the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, that is, not covered in batter, then your cakes is done baking.

Frost, if desired, and enjoy!

Nutritional Information:
    Makes 8 fat-free cake slices.
    Calories per slice: 242, Calories from Fat: 7
    Total Fat: 0.8g, 1% RDA
    Cholesterol: 0mg, 0% RDA
    Sodium 390mg, 16%
    Total Carbohydrates: 56.9g, 19%
    Dietary Fiber: 2.5g, 10%
    Protein: 4.0g
    Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 1%, Calcium 1%, Iron 11%
  • Emmy_Ann
    Emmy_Ann Posts: 60
    Options
    Theres a walmart recipe I've used soo many times before for a low fat Tiramisu.. It has angel food cake instead of lady fingers, and you can cut down and use light whip cream instead of the regular, and low fat cream cheese instead of the full fat.. I've never had any complaints and its super yummy! I couldn't find the website on the web anymore they've got a couple up there but its not the same..

1 angel food cake cut into 1" squares
    1 8oz package cream cheese
    1 small tub of whipped (blend the cream cheese & whip cream together)
    2 tbsp of instant espresso granules
    1/2 cup of warm water (you dissolve the espresso in the water)
    grated chocolate

Just layer it in a bowl.. layer 1/3 of angel food cake.. sprinkle 1/3 of espresso mix.. top with 1/3 of cream cheese mix.. then sprinkle with grated chocolate.. repeat till all the ingredients are used.. I usually sprinkle some espresso granules on top and some more chocolate.. And of course the longer it sits in the fridge the better it gets.. so I usually make about 8 hours ahead of time.. but its super simple! Enjoy!
  • chattygirl2
    chattygirl2 Posts: 103
    Options
    Angel food cake with splenda berries (macerated) and fat free whipped topping!! yummmmmmmm
  • chattygirl2
    chattygirl2 Posts: 103
    Options
    Theres a walmart recipe I've used soo many times before for a low fat Tiramisu.. It has angel food cake instead of lady fingers, and you can cut down and use light whip cream instead of the regular, and low fat cream cheese instead of the full fat.. I've never had any complaints and its super yummy! I couldn't find the website on the web anymore they've got a couple up there but its not the same..

1 angel food cake cut into 1" squares
    1 8oz package cream cheese
    1 small tub of whipped (blend the cream cheese & whip cream together)
    2 tbsp of instant espresso granules
    1/2 cup of warm water (you dissolve the espresso in the water)
    grated chocolate

Just layer it in a bowl.. layer 1/3 of angel food cake.. sprinkle 1/3 of espresso mix.. top with 1/3 of cream cheese mix.. then sprinkle with grated chocolate.. repeat till all the ingredients are used.. I usually sprinkle some espresso granules on top and some more chocolate.. And of course the longer it sits in the fridge the better it gets.. so I usually make about 8 hours ahead of time.. but its super simple! Enjoy!
    This sounds great!!
  • OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    One of my fav low cal desserts are the pineapple angelfood cupcakes..I found the recipe on here. It's 1 box of angelfood cake mix (the kind that you just add water to) and 1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple. Mix the cake mix (no water) and the whole can of pineapple and juices, mix, put in cupcake papers and bake (follow the box temps..I think it's 350??). I get 32 out of the mix and they are 69 calories each. I can't eat just one they are so good.

My ex is a firefighter so I can sympathize with you on cooking for everyone, he hated to do it and I would go in and cook for them or send desserts, etc with him :)