Fellow College Students who put on more than the 'Freshman 15'

Options
ciddoe
ciddoe Posts: 26 Member
Hi guys. I know people talk about the Freshman 15, but I think the real embarrassing thing is when this happens to you and you're not a freshman. I'm definitely not. I'm a junior but this was my first time living on campus. Before I commuted.

Things got crazy and I sort of went into a depression over my near graduation and my job prospects. I also took on too many leadership roles and maintained a 4.0, which lead to many late night study sessions fueled by ice cream.

It doesn't help that I suffer from chronic OCD, so the fact that I ate a certain number of calories over my limit led to an "all or nothing" effect...aka what you'd call bingeing.

I really need some support. I went from a perfectly fine 108 to 153 in just four months. I'm mortified. I only have 32% body fat, so it is really a good deal of muscle thanks to working out in the process, but I am still very depressed over it.

It seems like I'm going to not have enough time this summer to lose it all. Do you think I can? Can I count on anyone in the same boat as me age/situation-wise to provide a beacon of support? I feel really stupid, but people don't know all the reasons why I gained so much. After losing over 80 lbs last year, I am terrified it is going to come back. Please help me.

PS

To be honest, this has been totally traumatizing and I have thought of suicide more than once. I don't want to graduate next year looking like this. I have a really important "study abroad" coming up in late August. If I wanted to get to, say 120 lbs (if I preserve my muscle it will look like 108 anyways), do you think I can do it by late August?

Can someone do this with me so I don't feel so alone? Please, please, please.

Replies

• xuelove723
    xuelove723 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wanna do it!!
  • xuelove723
    xuelove723 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also a college student
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Totally in the same boat! Gained over 10lbs over the holidays and have not been able to get rid of it. I've been eating so much junk! (Especially during finals week) been stressed and feeling fat. :( today is day 2 of logging and exercising again, though! We can do it!
  • ClarWebb
    ClarWebb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    College kid here! I understand completely...
  • sfsinead
    sfsinead Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also a college kid! Lost maybe 20lbs before freshman year and have put almost all of it back on over the last 4 semesters thanks to finals and not making time to exercise (not to mention that college gyms are so intimidating!)