Options
2»

Replies

• 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

No valid reply so you "LOL" instead, got it

No, I just realized that you are a troll and wrote about it on the other thread. Again LOL.
  • 85kurtz
    Options

No valid reply so you "LOL" instead, got it

No, I just realized that you are a troll and wrote about it on the other thread. Again LOL.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    tpilews wrote: »
    emilyrigh wrote: »

eta: many times restaurant salads are higher calories than a burger and fries, steak dinner etc. I've seen 1,000+ calorie salads on menus-just because it's a salad does not mean it's a better calorie choice, something to keep in mind :)

This. Applebee's Chicken Cesar Salad is only 200 calories less than their Three Cheese Chicken Penne! What is that?! When going out to eat I always get the healthier sides, half portions or if those aren't options... (this is where self control comes in) use portion control. Sip water with lemon in between bites, chew slowly. Actually taste your meals & take leftovers hope for the next day. :)

Edit: typo!

A calorie isn't a calorie. Food matters. Go eat 1 1/4 cups of sugar or go drink 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream. Both are roughly 1000 calories. One will fuel your body in a constructive way, the other, well, not so much.

If one were about to run a marathon and were not keto adapted, then the sugar would be a great deal more constructive.

It amuses me that some people argue as if by including sugar in your diet, you eat nothing but. By the same token, I guess we should assume that those in keto, or Paleo, LCHF or any other variation eat only lard and nothing but.
  • 85kurtz
    Options

Well if that's what you want to think then that's on you. You obviously can't provide an answer and instead decided to me a troll.

Please see other threads.
  • Dofflin
    Dofflin Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Learn how to cook good foods. I used to buy cook books from second hand shops and teach myself from those. When you go out to eat and the only healthy option to choose is a boring salad, of course you are going to choose something else. The trick is in making the food you love with better ingredients. It takes time and practice, but you can do it. First step is stop eating out and start cooking.