weight loss surgery patients

Options
I'm a newish user. I'm a surgical weight loss patient and doing extremely well lost about 58 pounds now. Just need motivation to keep going and to help others keep going in their journey too !

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 1/13/15. Feel free to add me!!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I worked in a surgical weight loss clinic- You can do it! The amount of support, encouragement and follow up you hopefully receive at your clinic will be beneficial.

As a side note, I no longer work there, but still eat the shakes and puddings. Delicious, 100 cals with 15g of protein is huge!
  • dillschnick
    dillschnick Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    I was sleeved 1/13/15. Feel free to add me!!

I just had the sleeve on 4/21/15. How are you doing with it this far out?
  • dillschnick
    dillschnick Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I recently had the sleeve but I also had the curveball thrown at me of being diagnosed with celiac disease at the same time. How have you adjusted your meal planning to accommodate your new stomach size as well as feed your family?
  • ccupcakesotto
    ccupcakesotto Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That I think had been the hardest part of feeding myself and the family cuz I have young kids and a tough husband who doeant like much.
    There are a lot of your old recipes u can re adjust to make it fit in what u can eat without the family issues lol.
    I use my crock pot a lot. A family favorite and something we can eat is salsa chicken. Just put chicken breast or thighs wat ever your stomach can handle a jar of salsa and a dash of taco season. Wen it's all said and done it shreds apart and ur family can fill taco shells or make taco salads. I eat mine with fat free refried beans and some low fat cheese ! ÷)