Cinco de Mayo aftermath

Options
well, I lost control out with friends and ate a ton of chips, salsa, and a bowl of queso. I am trying to drink a lot of water today to flush my system. What else can I do so that I won't completely wreck my diet?

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Make a good estimation, log it, chalk it up, and move on. It's one day. :)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Wreck? It's one day. you didn't wreck anything. keep on going.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    The only thing you did was add sodium (water retention) to your body. Or do you think you ate enough to actually see fat gains?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    kas1317 wrote: »
    well, I lost control out with friends and ate a ton of chips, salsa, and a bowl of queso. I am trying to drink a lot of water today to flush my system. What else can I do so that I won't completely wreck my diet?

It's one day...it's irrelevant to the big picture.
  • neishaw
    neishaw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing! Dammit! I'm also pretty hungry today.
  • T_X_L
    T_X_L Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, that was yesterday, dial it back in and don't look back. The negative feelings surrounding it are way more harmful than what you actually ate. I usually don't "fall off the wagon", I choose to "step off the wagon" for special events, etc. It may sound a little pedantic, but if you plan for it there's no guilt, and kick *kitten* moving forward. Besides, the extra carb loading may work in your favour working out today. :)
  • kas1317
    kas1317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks pals. I just hate i lost control and probably back tracked. i guess i should try not to have any carbs today? would that help??
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Thanks pals. I just hate i lost control and probably back tracked. i guess i should try not to have any carbs today? would that help??

Why don't you just resume your normal plan? A carb-free day would be very difficult and I am not sure what it would accomplish.

One day isn't going to ruin your progress.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said, it's one day. Just get back on track today. You might also feel better if you get some exercise in. Sometimes when I feel guilty for going overboard I spend more time on the treadmill or try to burn extra calories somehow. For some reason that makes me feel a little better.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    what drives me crazy is that i can so easily not care and lose control and eat like crazy when lets say 1 year ago i was so disciplined and could easily obstain and just said no. Why i cant anymore i just dont know...
  • ChickenLittle1121
    ChickenLittle1121 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Maybe do a bit of extra exercise today or something, but seriously, don't stress! You're going to "lose control" every now and then. 'Tis the way life goes, and that's a good thing! One day doesn't screw up all your hard work, unless you let it get in your head to discourage you! Avoiding carbs, not eating sugar, avoiding fat.....those things aren't going to "help." You know what works; just log it, try not to go over calories today, and keep on doing your moosey thing.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Other than drinking extra water all you really need to do is get back on track. Go back to what you were doing the day before yesterday.
  • kas1317
    kas1317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    how long should i expect to see water weight gains from the large sodium intake?
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    how long should i expect to see water weight gains from the large sodium intake?

Mine usually last 2-3 days total. YMMV.

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    You can cut a couple hundred calories from your next few days if you think you really exceeded your maintenance by a lot but honestly, as long as you don't use it as an excuse to do it again today, tomorrow, etc. it's not a big deal.