help getting off my last 20 lbs

Options
I am 5'4 I am aiming for 145 by my 45th birthday Aug. 12th :) I spent 10 yrs at 300 lbs and I am down to 163.8 this morning so this it uncharted territory for me! these last few lbs are giving me a hard time any suggestions??

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Other than the standard...the last few lbs require pretty meticulous measuring/weighing and logging, as you margin for error shrinks, not really.

Well done on the 135+ lb loss though...amazing!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    now that you're smaller, your body burns less calories per day. So the key to the last 20 pounds: accuracy.

In the beginning errors didn't hurt so much, as you had a big deficit. Having a big deficit is harder now. So weigh all your food, log accurately, and be careful not to overestimate your burn. Other than that, have patience. A reasonable deficit now is probably 250-500 per day so you should see weight loss at a rate of 2-5 pounds a month.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS! that is an ah-may-zing loss!
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS! that is an ah-may-zing loss!

Me, too! Good for you - AWESOME!

Just a suggestion. I am also heading to my last few pounds to lose. I have started to read the Weight Maintenance message board. You might also find some great advice there.
  • Emanuelson
    Emanuelson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for you imput...ya I have been doing 650 calories a day this is my 4th week. I lost 16 but now I am at a stand still.

Emanuelson wrote: »
    I am 5'4 I am aiming for 145 by my 45th birthday Aug. 12th :) I spent 10 yrs at 300 lbs and I am down to 163.8 this morning so this it uncharted territory for me! these last few lbs are giving me a hard time any suggestions??

• freerock2k
    freerock2k Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Amazing job so far! - congratulations
  • Emanuelson
    Emanuelson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Before and After... getting very excited to finally be at a place of maintaining!!

rse6pd87rued.jpg

5p5minqwlo3f.jpg

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for you imput...ya I have been doing 650 calories a day this is my 4th week. I lost 16 but now I am at a stand still.

Do you mean you are only eating 650 cals. a day?
  • AprilJ10
    AprilJ10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Great work!!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    650 calories a day? Eek! Is this on a doctor's recommendation?