New MFP Site

Options
Has anyone joined the new MFP site that charges 9.99 month or 49.99 per year ? Is it any good or better than orginial site ?

Replies

• Indigoblu1
    Indigoblu1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi Runngurl. I, myself, do not plan on paying for MFP. Lord knows there are enough that you have to subscribe and pay for. If they let this site deteriorate as some have suggested they will, then I guess it's back to sparkpeople for me, anyway. The advertisement pop-up, though, for the "premium" MFP is getting pretty darn annoying.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Indigoblu1 wrote: »
    Hi Runngurl. I, myself, do not plan on paying for MFP. Lord knows there are enough that you have to subscribe and pay for. If they let this site deteriorate as some have suggested they will, then I guess it's back to sparkpeople for me, anyway. The advertisement pop-up, though, for the "premium" MFP is getting pretty darn annoying.

I agree every time i log in it nags me to purchase it

• SkinnyMiss053
    SkinnyMiss053 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No way! I'll use Fatsecret if I have to.
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    This is sad. I love MFP...I hope they don't change it.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Not me. Some of the features look interesting, but not worth $10 per month. Given a choice between ads or no ads, I'll take the ads. If they were charging $1 per month, I might go for it, but not at $10.
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a significant loss in performance in MFP, since it started to be "Powered by UnderArmour" and they've launched their pay-for site. Both the PC & Android platforms are now almost glacial. Oh well, another one bites the dust!
  • Indigoblu1
    Indigoblu1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    No way! I'll use Fatsecret if I have to.

SkinnyMiss, is the food diary about the same as this?
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I would probably be willing to go up to $3 bucks a month, but $50 per year? No way, I can pay for a month's swimming with that and have some left over. I like using it and it does help keep me on track but there are other ways.
  • Meggers003
    Meggers003 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on purchasing the premium. I don't feel like the incentives are enough to purchase, and honestly the ads don't bother me that much. And bottom line- frankly I don't feel like the premium will help me lose weight anymore effectively than I am already doing with the current features
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I wasn't planning on paying, Just curious.
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Meggers003 wrote: »
    I don't plan on purchasing the premium. I don't feel like the incentives are enough to purchase, and honestly the ads don't bother me that much. And bottom line- frankly I don't feel like the premium will help me lose weight anymore effectively than I am already doing with the current features

I'm waiting for the advertisement of "8 out of 10 members say that the Premium site helps them lose 70% more weight 55% faster than if using the free site." Followed by "60% of the time, it works every time."

lol

• daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I got the premium version of the app. It's the same food database and the same forums. The feature that I really wanted was the ability to set my macro goals by grams instead of by percentage. (And yes, I know there used to be a workaround for that, but I never used it.). There are a couple other neat features, and being ad-free is nice, but essentially it is the same as what I've been using for the last 16 months. Unless there is a particular feature that you are looking forward to using, it's probably not worth the upgrade fee. I'm glad I have it though. To me, it was added value.

So nothing special?? I like the idea of being able to customize each day..would work for me with carb cycling. No other features really stood out to me though
  • munchkinettes
    munchkinettes Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the advertisement of "8 out of 10 members say that the Premium site helps them lose 70% more weight 55% faster than if using the free site." Followed by "60% of the time, it works every time."[/quote]

lol

Too funny... Or "if you'd pay for the premium site, you'd weigh --- in 5 weeks!"

• cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If the free site deteriorates then I will just take my "business" elsewhere. I used caloriecount in 2012 to lose weight so I'd just switch back over to there. It would be unfortunate though because I've really gotten the hang of everything here. I'd have to build all my recipes again :frowning:
  • Kazzsjourney2
    Kazzsjourney2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Its not available for me yet (I am in australia) but I will get it, I calorie cycle so being able to set different daily calorie goals would make it worth it for me.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many cheesecakes $50 would buy?.....did I say chocolate cheesecakes?
  • nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Nah, I'll be sticking to the free MFP. Ads and such don't bother me, and nothing they are offering seems worth the price. Not that I would get it even if they did, because frankly my MMO subscription and Netflix are higher priority (lol)

Now, if they start taking stuff away ("now you have to pay for ___!") or let the free site deteriorate then I'll just go elsewhere.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Do you know how many cheesecakes $50 would buy?.....did I say chocolate cheesecakes?

Apparently, one. mydaddyscheesecake.com/store.aspx?panel=1&categoryid=633
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Nah. All I really need to do is count calories. I can do that free here, as well as elsewhere.