Inline skating anyone?

Options
neishaw
neishaw Posts: 17 Member
I love to do this for the most intense exercise. I've been doing it for years and years. Nothing whips me back into shape faster and nothing kicks my butt like inline skating in a park up steep hills. Who else in here skates?

Replies

• BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I do! I love it! I go to a trail that allows me to get about 14 miles in. It goes by so fast and is just so fun. Easy way to work it off!
  • neishaw
    Options
    That's awesome. I don't know of a trail where I live where I can get that much in but I'm on the look out.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I love gong around Stanley Park here in Vancouver on my inline skates. I use it for cross training for my running. Great workout!
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Love rollerblading! Haven't gotten a new pair since my last ones were stolen with my car. There is a 5 mile, smooth asphalt path around the airpark where I live. I love, love, love it! I went around 4 times for my 40th birthday. ;) I haven't had the courage to go on the beach because of all the people... I'm not that good at stopping... lol!
    It's the most fun I have buring calories.
  • arkowalyshyn
    arkowalyshyn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Is it hard on the knees? I want to get a pair, and other than being super clumsy, I'm nervous to damage my knees.
  • neishaw
    Options
    no it's never in over a decade been hard on my knees.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    It's actually really easy on the knees; very low impact. When I lived in Philly, I spent hours skating the awesome paved trails along Kelly Drive. I miss that. It's not as much fun in the desert.
  • DeeTee68
    DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I was just looking into this yesterday spooky or what. However, it seems to be a minority sport/exercise over here in England. There is very little info on the internet for British inline skaters. Other than Aggressive skaters in skate parks you see no one Inline skating anywhere ! Don't know what the problem is but I would love to get into it I used to be a wicked ice skater so have the balance sorted, but I would like be the only one in the whole of North East England and would feel a bit of a plonker.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    neishaw wrote: »
    no it's never in over a decade been hard on my knees.

I have never felt it in my knees. That said, if someone hasn't been active, they might feel it in their stabilizer muscles. My sister has existing knee problems with cartilage. She isn't comfortable skating. But, to be fair, walking is pretty much her limit on activity. If you are concerned, consider checking with a chiro or doc that you trust. They can give you the clearance that might put your mind at ease.
  • DeeTee68
    DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    DeeTee68 wrote: »
    I was just looking into this yesterday spooky or what. However, it seems to be a minority sport/exercise over here in England. There is absolutely no info on the internet for British inline skaters. Other than Aggressive skaters in skate parks you see no one Inline skating anywhere ! Don't know what the problem is but I would love to get into it I used to be a wicked ice skater so have the balance sorted, but I would like be the only one in the whole of North East England and would feel a bit of a plonker.

Quoting my own quote never mind, just had another look on google and it seems to be big down south in London area but nothing up here in the frozen wastelands of North East England so I have decided to do it anyway my daughter is game to try it with me. Who knows I may start a craze off ;)