Garcinia Cambogia

Options
Tell me, does it work? Have you guys used or tried it and seen results? Are there any side effects that are absolutely awful? Is there any suggestions about them? Recommendations?

If you have pics, PLEASE post them!! I'd love to see results!

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions about them? Save your money and read the stickied posts here and on the getting started board.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Are you really 18?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    It does not work. Save your money and eat less food. /thread
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Tried it. Was told it was buy one get one free. Turned out it was buy five get another five free. It doesn't work at all. Spent lots of money cos they took the money from my card straight away on the internet. Refused to give me refund. Money wasted!!!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    If it worked, would there be fat people?
  • nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put myself out there and tell you yes, I did try it a long while ago. It did not work and for its trouble, made me really constipated and generally annoyed at my gullible nature. But I moved on and forward and boom, 10 lbs gone as of today on just my merit.

Read the stickies, follow CICO, spend that cash on sexypants new clothes when it totally works because math. :)
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Did it, with green coffee beans. Total waste of my money. The only thing that has worked is eating at a caloric deficit and increasing my activity levels (not necessary if you eat at a deficit, but it makes me feel good and keeps me energized to meet my goals).
  • ImVeryAngryItsNotButter
    Options
    People talk about Garcinia like that's the name of their personal trainer! Honestly if you do the research you will see there are a lot of people who say that it works and an equal amount of people who say that it doesn't.

The thing with ANY supplement is that they only work if you're dieting and exercising properly.

With Garcinia Cambogia, you need to take one with servings of AT LEAST 500 mg with an HCA content of AT LEAST 50%. This is based off of Dr Oz's youtube video which you may want to watch.

Bottom line Garcinia is NOT a fat burner, carb blocker, miracle pill, etc. Garcinia Cambogia is an appetite suppressant, plain and simple.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    People talk about Garcinia like that's the name of their personal trainer! Honestly if you do the research you will see there are a lot of people who say that it works and an equal amount of people who say that it doesn't.

The thing with ANY supplement is that they only work if you're dieting and exercising properly.

With Garcinia Cambogia, you need to take one with servings of AT LEAST 500 mg with an HCA content of AT LEAST 50%. This is based off of Dr Oz's youtube video which you may want to watch.

Bottom line Garcinia is NOT a fat burner, carb blocker, miracle pill, etc. Garcinia Cambogia is an appetite suppressant, plain and simple.

Citing a man that admitted to Congress that the products he hypes don't pass scientific muster ... do you see the utter fail in that?
  • evenewsom15
    evenewsom15 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Are you really 18?

not what I asked lol. But yes. I am really 18.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Are you really 18?

not what I asked lol. But yes. I am really 18.

Your question was already answered here, and hundreds of times previously on MFP. People under the age of 18 claiming that age in their profile but revealing that they are in fact too young for this site is common ... hence the question.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    There is no scientifically significant evidence that it increases weight loss or reduces appetite.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    There have been a lot of threads on this subject, and they all end the same way; No. They don't work. Waste of money, and be careful who you buy them from because I ended up having to change my bank card because they kept taking money from my account without my permission, and the cancelation email address they had was a fake.

Probably not what you want to hear, but no pill will make you magically lose weight. You need to learn self-control and eat at a deficit.
  • jonesy2932
    jonesy2932 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    my friend is using it right now and has lost 18 pounds in 3 weeks but she is also doing a 1200 calorie diet that her doctor told her to follow as he wants her to lose weight relatively quickly. So I don't know if its assisting in the weight loss or its just the 1200 calorie diet. She said she feels like it helps with curbing her sweet tooth which is why she got it in the first place.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It works to empty your wallet.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    No such thing as a miracle cure. Eating properly and exercising is the only way to do it.
  • stormfront98
    stormfront98 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The sell it at Vitamin Shop reasonably priced I am not sure if the weight loss happens fast acting or if is slow acting but to be sure of any supplement I would recommend reading the ingredients and what other additives in that supplement , Do some research , use WebMD or Vitamin shop for supplement information if your unsure of anything
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    jonesy2932 wrote: »
    my friend is using it right now and has lost 18 pounds in 3 weeks but she is also doing a 1200 calorie diet that her doctor told her to follow as he wants her to lose weight relatively quickly. So I don't know if its assisting in the weight loss or its just the 1200 calorie diet. She said she feels like it helps with curbing her sweet tooth which is why she got it in the first place.

It's the 1200 calories. Like any other supplement, the placebo effect can be strong in a motivated person. Did her doctor suggest it or is she taking it on her own?

• TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    jonesy2932 wrote: »

It is the 1,200 calorie diet.
  • curryspicegirl
    curryspicegirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a huge uncontrollable sweet tooth and have noticed that since taking GC I haven't had cravings. I still have a bag of Reeses and Take5s (my favorite) in my desk and have not touched them in a week. Very out of character for me. I've also lost weight, but I know I could have done that with just the changes I've made in my diet and the exercising, so I don't contribute it to GC.