Preworkout Supps

Options
Hello everyone!

I was curious if anyone knows of a great preworkout supplement / drink to take to boost their workouts? Honestly, I just can't seem to find as much energy as I used too when it comes to exercising and I am just needing an energy boost to help get through cardio & lifting. I usually drink a cup of black coffee in the morning but it hasn't really been helping me lately. Any answers are appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I've used C4 by Cellucor in the past. Sometimes it helped, sometimes it didn't. Be aware of the effects of beta alanine though.
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Try something with a little carbs and protein. A half banana with 2 tsp peanut butter for example.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I've used a variety of different pre work-outs. My favorites have been Mesomorph and Nitro NCG. C4 didn't have enough umph for me. Blue Magic had too much umph (as in I took it for an early morning work out and couldn't sleep that night).
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the responses! Usually for breakfast i'll have plain oatmeal with almond milk, stevia, 1/4 banana and 1 tbsp of almond butter. But the energy just doesn't seem to be there for me as much anymore. I'll look into a few that you all suggested! Thanks again
  • moltobella
    moltobella Posts: 37 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My favorite was always N.O. Xplode but they all have so many colors and unnatural additives. I'm considering making my own using caffiene, creatine, citruline malate and beta-alanine.

If youre not planning on lifting you should get your energy from something meant for runners or a high sugar fruit. You dont need a pre-workout meant for lifting if it's a day youre only doing cardio.
  • nicfitnesszone
    nicfitnesszone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to buy pre- and post-workout supplement. I run 6 miles every couple of days, 3 miles in between and cross-train with spinning, climbing stairs, jump rope, kayaking.

Didn't know where to start as there are many options out there. I sent SO out to one of the vitamin/supplement shops to get me one to try and he came back with T.a.g. (Trans Alanyl Glutamine). Apparently, the sales fitness model claimed it is the best product for what I'm looking for. Not sure if it is pre-workout. But okay :)

Honestly, I don't feel the difference taking it with my usual pre-workout meals- small sweet potato, 2 teaspoons PB, sprinkled with ceylon cinnamon or -- avocado, kale, kidney bean sprinkled with cayenne pepper and turmeric wrapped in tortilla and strong coffee--both meals fuel me for a 6-mile run. I'm sticking with real food until I find a pre-workout that is effective.

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I use Cellucor C4 in the morning. I'm 50/50 on if preworkout really works or not. I find it doesn't give me more energy than a regular cup of coffee, but my stomach can't handle coffee at 5am. So I take the preworkout.