Options
13»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    I do my best thinking while walking.

It's weird, I can't think when I'm walking, if I'm really pushing myself hard enough. It's like my body's working too hard or something. My mind will drift, but I can't really focus. My mind pretty much empties.

Normal. I got that when I started running too... then I started being able to focus my mind a little bit. But yeah, I love walking too because it gives me time to think!

And 10 miles is impressive. I only went over that once in 2 years, 12 miles in NYC last January when we had -30 windchills, good times, lol. I actually really want to sign up for that 25 miles walk in October but I can't imagine raising the necessary $1500 and it would cost too much to sleep there, so I'm sadly not doing it.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    I believe that it is not about how you walk, where you walk or the length of your walk. It's about getting the walking done! I have been a walker for years. At the many different gyms where I have had memberships, pushing a double stroller up and down the hills of my neighborhood when my kids were small, in the high temps of south Florida, on the trail system of Summit County Ohio. It's all beneficial to our goals of weight loss and healthy living.
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    I believe that it is not about how you walk, where you walk or the length of your walk. It's about getting the walking done! I have been a walker for years. At the many different gyms where I have had memberships, pushing a double stroller up and down the hills of my neighborhood when my kids were small, in the high temps of south Florida, on the trail system of Summit County Ohio. It's all beneficial to our goals of weight loss and healthy living.

Love this!! :wink: