Disappointed.....

2»

Replies

• starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    If I had a week of working out like that, I think I would feel pretty good! Physically and mentally. Don't do all that hard work and then beat yourself down... you don't deserve that.
  • 2 pounds is GREAT !!! ive heard that the 1st 10 pounds and the last 10 are the hardest to loose, youve lost 2 pounds in two weeks. thats amazing. Congratulations on your good work, keep it up. :) best of luck ! :flowerforyou:
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Don't get discouraged. It's progress in the right direction. And don't get too hung up on the numbers on a scale. Body fat % and body measurements are a better indication of progress. Keep going. 1-2 lbs. per week is healthy and sustainable. Don't give up.

well said! Also, keep in mind...depending on how rigorous your workout has been your body could be retaining water to rebuild muscle. The tape is ALWAYS the best way to determine results...not the scale. Do both for accurate measurements.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Awesome job with the exercise. Try to look at it as being healthy instead of the numbers on the scale. That is some good work you are doing. Keep it up, in the end you will be super happy with the results. And, make sure you are eating enough. The weight comes off fast at first, but then it slows down. Feeling good and improving health is the most important thing.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    im not going to be harsh bc i know EXACTLY what u mean! when i first started, i only ate 500cals and i made sure to burn double that. and i would lose between 6-12 lbs her week. but im here to tell ya... the SECOND i started to eat the RIGHT way, it came back on. i lost 105 in a matter of 6 months and gained 40 back in a matter of 2! if u want to see results, and u want to KEEP those results... u need to do it the right way! u need to eat back the majority... not ALL but at least half of ur exercise cals. it wont come off as fast, but u will have a MUCH better chance of keeping it off. unless u plan to do what ur doing for the rest of ur life. take it from someone who has been there... i would MUCH rather see a 2 lb loss then a 6 lb gain! best of luck to u!
  • thanks everyone for your encouragement and critics!! I appreciate both. I wrote this early this morning when I just got off the scale and was a little upset. Truthfully I am VERY happy with my 2 lbs. It's 2lbs less that I was last week and then inches off my waist and tummy definetly made me happy!!

I'm not the best when it comes to eating. My husband is a trainer and usually helps me out when it comes to these kinds of things but he's away at training for the military so i'm kinda on my own trying to figure things out.

I'm not a breakfast person and between lunch and dinner I usually only eat one (i work at a hospital and at times it's hard to fit in a lunch or even get a lunch or dinner break)

I thank you all for all of your comments, i just need to learn to stay positive and remember that it doesn't matter how much I lose as long as I am healthy :)
This discussion has been closed.