NOT 1 single pound lost. I don't get it.... WHY!!!!

Options
Okay so today was my official weigh in day. Nothing, Nada not 1 pound lost. I made my own challenge that I would move every day, I set my calorie intake to 1200. Not 1 soda grrrrrrrrrrr. Thank goodness I also did do body measurements, I did see a loss of inches but can't understand why the scale didn't move. Desperately need advice please.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    The fat was turned to muscle....you could be holding onto water...chill... You made progress feel happy
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    The scale is not always an indicator of fat loss. You lost inches. Congrats -- that's progress.

If you aren't losing weight over a longer period of time, then you are not in a caloric deficit.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Open your diary. You're most likely eating more than you think.
  • jthomas0054
    jthomas0054 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank u , I am really happy but just wondering what I can do differntly, someone said I may not be eating enough. I am sure the numbers on the scale will drop eventually. Until then I'll keep peddling lol. Thanks again
  • jthomas0054
    Options
    How do I open my diary
  • kaspatore
    kaspatore Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    look up the "woosh" happened to me... no loss until like 3 weeks in and suddenly was 4 pounds down. Hang in there!
  • jthomas0054
    Options
    I opened my diary. Thanks for looking at it
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    geotrice wrote: »
    The fat was turned to muscle....you could be holding onto water...chill... You made progress feel happy

all this but the part I put a line through.

Make sure you are using multiple indicators....inches lost are great...I prefer those over lbs
  • freechewy
    freechewy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    uh oh, stand by to get fussed at... I haven't lost a lot either but I am middle aged and your metabolism basically dies after 50. I still keep moderating my food intake and doing some form of exercise every day. Hang in there
  • andreirotariu
    andreirotariu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Could be any number of reasons. Faulty scales, water weight, muscle turned to fat (although I doubt you would build the exact amount of muscle as you have lost fat...).

Make sure your only checking your weight once a week and do it at the exact same time e.g. morning and make sure your clothes are off or on, whatever suites you. I have noticed I can gain a whole kilo if I weight myself at night as compared with in the morning and if I keep my clothes on I can add anywhere between a couple hundred grams to a kilo so I always make sure I weigh myself at the same time and in the same way every time.

Also 1200 calories seems a little low, you may want to look at that.
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing a few inches! Try not to stress:-)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Could be any number of reasons. Faulty scales, water weight, muscle turned to fat (although I doubt you would build the exact amount of muscle as you have lost fat...).

Make sure your only checking your weight once a week and do it at the exact same time e.g. morning and make sure your clothes are off or on, whatever suites you. I have noticed I can gain a whole kilo if I weight myself at night as compared with in the morning and if I keep my clothes on I can add anywhere between a couple hundred grams to a kilo so I always make sure I weigh myself at the same time and in the same way every time.

People need to stop saying that...fat does not turn into muscle...that is impossible.

• jthomas0054
    Options
    Thank you, I'll do some reading up on. Calories. Thanks again
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

People need to stop saying that...fat does not turn into muscle...that is impossible.

Clearly you didn't get your magic wand when you signed up to MFP.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    geotrice wrote: »

what???? Care to explain this process how fat turns into muscle?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    freechewy wrote: »
    uh oh, stand by to get fussed at... I haven't lost a lot either but I am middle aged and your metabolism basically dies after 50. I still keep moderating my food intake and doing some form of exercise every day. Hang in there

the pseudo science is deep in this thread….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP - do you use a food scale?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    freechewy wrote: »

nope- if your metabolism "died" you'd be dead.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    Okay so today was my official weigh in day. Nothing, Nada not 1 pound lost. I made my own challenge that I would move every day, I set my calorie intake to 1200. Not 1 soda grrrrrrrrrrr. Thank goodness I also did do body measurements, I did see a loss of inches but can't understand why the scale didn't move. Desperately need advice please.
    Thanks in advance.

How long have you been at this?

It took me 10 days before there was any change at all ... no loss of inches, no drop in weight. And then, after 10 days of nothing, it started.

Also, how often do you weigh yourself?

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP - do you use a food scale?

This.

And I really wish people would stop telling others that they are turning fat into muscle or gaining muscle in their calorie deficits and that's why they're not losing. That is absolutely no help.