I need to lose 155 pounds to get where I need to be. Can you be my support along the way?

Options
SRedd314
SRedd314 Posts: 21 Member
edited May 2015 in Motivation and Support
I've gained weight, lost weight, gained weight, lost weight, and you guessed right - gained it back, again. :|

I'm 25 years old and I weigh more than I'd like to admit to anyone (at least not on a public forum). I will say that this is the heaviest I've ever been. It hurts to stand/walk around when going grocery shopping or just doing the dishes. I can't live like this and I surely won't at this rate. I've been on so many diets, but the thing that has worked for me in the past is using MFP to count calories, so I've decided to come back and really put some effort into it again!

Unfortunately, the support I have around me isn't much support, though. While I am ultimately responsible for my choices, actions, and the consequences that follow, it gets hard to resist the temptations of either eating unhealthy again or missing a workout, then falling into the same bad habits again.

I've never interacted with the community before, but thought that I would give it a shot this time. Everyone seems to be so friendly and willing to cheer one another on. I would love for some of that to come my way, as well as to have people to cheer on myself.

Send me a friend request, message, or whatever you'd like. It's nice to know there are people who are in the same situation, or previously were in the same situation, and how they're working on it, or how they've accomplished their goals.

Replies

• sandicat6
    sandicat6 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    you can do this. a day at a time. stay strong!
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    just take baby steps! This does not need to be a diet, it needs to be a new way of life. That is what I tell myself! lol
    But it is the truth! And you will have plenty of support here! Feel free to add me if you like :smiley:
  • SRedd314
    Options
    ptkat28 wrote: »
    just take baby steps! This does not need to be a diet, it needs to be a new way of life. That is what I tell myself! lol
    But it is the truth! And you will have plenty of support here! Feel free to add me if you like :smiley:

I'll add you right now. You're absolutely correct. I know I use the term diet, but I do mean it as an on-going thing. I've already seen what going off a 'diet' will do to my body. Not pleased! Lol
  • SRedd314
    Options
    sandicat6 wrote: »
    you can do this. a day at a time. stay strong!

Thank you for the kind words. They mean a lot!
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request. I'm still over 100 pounds from my goal weight and even after I hit it, I will be here forever for maintenance. I log religiously and try to be as supportive as I can. :)
  • SRedd314
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    I'm sending you a friend request. I'm still over 100 pounds from my goal weight and even after I hit it, I will be here forever for maintenance. I log religiously and try to be as supportive as I can. :)

Accepted! Thanks for the support! I plan to stay afterwards once I reach my goal, too! I'd love to watch and see others progress through their journeys as well.
  • aNewLadyB
    aNewLadyB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to your story!! I've lost the same weight 100 times over. I would love to do this together and support you! Sending you a request.
  • SRedd314
    Options
    aNewLadyB wrote: »
    I can totally relate to your story!! I've lost the same weight 100 times over. I would love to do this together and support you! Sending you a request.

Yay! Thank you. I'm already feeling more motivated to get to where I need to be thanks to everyone.
  • jthomas0054
    jthomas0054 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'll take this journey with you, I have 45 to loose
  • SRedd314
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'll take this journey with you, I have 45 to loose

Fantastic, Ms. Thomas! I'll send you a friend request. :)
  • GymnasticsMommy
    GymnasticsMommy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you too!
  • misswhite584
    misswhite584 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna add u too I need to lose 100 lbs
  • BHRussell
    BHRussell Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    In the same boat...I work in professional kitchen temptations galore. Let's be friends
  • 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You know there is a group here for people wanting to lose 100+ pounds without surgery. Why don't you join it? The people are supportive and know the journey.
  • SRedd314
    Options
    I'm here for you too!

And I'll be here for you as well! :) Sending you a friend request, if I haven't already!

I'm gonna add u too I need to lose 100 lbs

Awesome! It's nice to have people who have to lose a bit more like us! We'll be able to help each other with tips along our journeys!

BHRussell wrote: »
    In the same boat...I work in professional kitchen temptations galore. Let's be friends

Oh, I can definitely imagine that! We can definitely be friends and keep each other motivated!

85kurtz wrote: »
    You know there is a group here for people wanting to lose 100+ pounds without surgery. Why don't you join it? The people are supportive and know the journey.

I haven't quite mastered the navigation of the website, but once I do, that sounds like a fantastic group to join! Thanks so much for suggesting it!

Can we be motivational buddies? I need some of those positive vibes too haha! I'm on the same boat with you, I keep gaining and losing and gaining and I'm the heaviest now. It was the stretch marks that snap me out of it. So let's be friends? :)

We absolutely can! So long as there is the right support around when you need it, you'll be great! At least that's been my experience in the past!

Sorry for grouping up all my replies in one response. I'm going to go ahead and add everyone, if we aren't already friends. :) Again, thank you all for the support and kind words. I'm definitely happy that I reached out to the community this time around. I already feel better.
  • Smack311
    Smack311 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a 100 lbs to lose to please feel free to add me :) and would love to be there to give /receive support !
  • Joezeeah
    Joezeeah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just added you I have 100 pounds to lose and I've lost 30 lbs already. I just added you! Let's motivate each other.
  • SRedd314
    Options
    Smack311 wrote: »
    I have a 100 lbs to lose to please feel free to add me :) and would love to be there to give /receive support !

Awesome!! Sent you a friend request. I look forward to working together!

Joezeeah wrote: »
    Just added you I have 100 pounds to lose and I've lost 30 lbs already. I just added you! Let's motivate each other.

Thank you for the add! This is going to be great!
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I've got 63 pounds to lose with the possibility of another half -1 stone depending on how I look
    Where are you from? I'm in Essex in England

We can do this, just keep weighing and logging your food and have a good moan or cry on here when you need to. Support definitely helps make the journey easier xx
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It wasn't long ago that I was right there with you. It won't always be easy, but you certainly don't have to suffer with what you're doing, either. Feel free to add me. :)