weight loss plateau

Options
Could anyone suggest how to overcome weight loss plateau.. Am working every day hard to reduce my weight.got stuck up at 87 kgs not able to reduce it..help needed!!!

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you've lost weight? Do you weigh all your food with a food scale? Can you open your diary?
  • varshanathan8
    varshanathan8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago i lost couple of weight.. No i don't weight my food with food scale
  • varshanathan8
    Options
    I managed to maintain 1000 calorie diet every day
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    2 weeks ago i lost couple of weight.. No i don't weight my food with food scale

Ok, firstly you really want to weigh all your food, otherwise you could be underestimating how much you're eating. Secondly, 2 weeks isn't long enough to call a plateau, so don't worry! A plateau is usually at least 4 or 5 weeks without a loss. Weight loss isn't linear, some weeks you'll lose, some you'll stay the same, some you'll gain. We all have stalls for a couple of weeks or so every now and again. Just keep at it! :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Its normally because your efforts amount to you being at maintenance i.e your consumption= what you are burning. If you think you should be losing when you are not, then you need to recheck whether you are at an actual deficit and this means tighetn up on logging and checking your numbers are accurate i.e eating back calories .

A plateau would be considered no weight loss for 6 weeks? how long has your stall been?
    Are you weighing your food? You need to weigh to have an accurate deficit.
    Are you eating back calories? if so where are you getting the burn estimates from? MFP , machines, hrm and how much % are you eating back? Easting more than you burn in error will hamper your deficit.

Weight loss inst linear so even if you are doing everything right, then you need to be patient. You dont really provide sufficient information to ive any more of a detailed answer.
  • varshanathan8
    Options
    Why do i gain weight during dieting
  • DemoraFairy
    Options

As we've both said, weight loss isn't linear. Plus, we all fluctuate by several pounds everyday. If you're dieting for weeks and consistently gaining weight, then either you're not actually in a deficit (which is quite likely if you're not weighing your food), or if you are definitely eating the right number of calories and no overestimating your exercise burn, then you may have a medical condition. But the first thing to do is to weigh all your food and stick at it for a few weeks.
  • varshanathan8
    Options
    Thank demorafairy n 999
  • rachmawatyyulia
    rachmawatyyulia Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Try HIIT (5 times/week) !!! that's definitely kill my weight loss plateau to my own experience.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

because you eat more calories than you burn
    start weighing your food on a food scale and log all your food so you know how much calories you really consume.

• AndySantiago
    AndySantiago Posts: 5 Member
    Options

You are either consuming to many calories or taking in to much sodium within some of the foods you are eating which increases water retention in the body