Early morning exercise... HELP!!!

EiriniJi
EiriniJi Posts: 6
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello everyone!
I really need to star burning fat and the only way this works in my body is to exercise early in the morning (also because I am wuite busy the rest of the day).. but I can't wake up!!!!!!
I have 2 alarms, I can also hear my housemates alarms but nothing.....
How do I do this? Anyone had the same problem?
Thanks guys, this site has been very motivational!
EiriniJi

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Are you going to bed early enough at night? You might not be getting enough sleep so it makes it harder for you to wake up.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Go to bed earlier :)
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    I am the same, the only way I can get up early is the second I hear the alarm get out of bed, if I turn over or press snooze I don't get up.
  • i go to the gym 3 times a week in the morning at 6.30am. i wake up at 6.10am and get straight out of bed. i make sure my alarm (which is on my phone) is on the other side of the room so it forces me to actually get up and switch it off. if the alarm is next to you, there is a tendency to snooze and not get up at all!!!

make sure you have all your gym gear ready the night before so you basically can get up, switch off your alarm, get dressed and have a smoothie (that's what i do), then before you know it you're out the house and off to the gym before you got time to think it through that you're up far too early and should be snoozing in bed!!!! ; )

the motivation comes from the fact that i haven't got time to exercise after work, the gym is far too busy after work, and in the morning, when there is no-one in the gym, i have access to all the machines and feel fantastic for the rest of the day and eat healthier as a result!
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    You really just need to make yourself get up. Once you get used to it, it isn't that bad. I've been getting up at 4am for the past 8 years, and I don't even notice it anymore! But for me, I have to be in bed by 10, or I'm useless the next day. For the first few weeks, just force yourself to get up, don't make excuses for yourself, just do it!

Like krevill said, don't hit snooze! That's a surefire way to sabotage the effort! Hear the alarm, and get up...don't even look at the clock!

Good luck!
  • traymast
    traymast Posts: 23
    I agree! PLUS what everyone else said...go to bed earlier, and have your clothes ready. I have inner battles with myself but I always win, because I am ultimately the one in charge of my body! Good Luck you can do it!
    i go to the gym 3 times a week in the morning at 6.30am. i wake up at 6.10am and get straight out of bed. i make sure my alarm (which is on my phone) is on the other side of the room so it forces me to actually get up and switch it off. if the alarm is next to you, there is a tendency to snooze and not get up at all!!!

make sure you have all your gym gear ready the night before so you basically can get up, switch off your alarm, get dressed and have a smoothie (that's what i do), then before you know it you're out the house and off to the gym before you got time to think it through that you're up far too early and should be snoozing in bed!!!! ; )

the motivation comes from the fact that i haven't got time to exercise after work, the gym is far too busy after work, and in the morning, when there is no-one in the gym, i have access to all the machines and feel fantastic for the rest of the day and eat healthier as a result!
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    ReneeOfTheFae Posts: 117
    I agree with Ratman; put your alarm on the other side of the room.

Also, after about a week of getting up at the same time in the morning, your body will adjust and it will get easier. I wake up at 6am on workdays. As a result, my body naturally wakes up at 7am on my days off. (Sometimes it sucks, but it's nice when i can enjoy the morning song birds.)
  • Hey, I put my work out gear right next to my bed.
    Most mornings I'm out running before I've fully woken up, it's just self disipline to get out of bed, pushing yourself.
    The more often you do it the easier it gets, trust me :D
    Good Luck
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Sometimes for very early running I might even sleep in my running kit.

When the alarm goes off, put on shoes and straight out of the door... Once you're in fresh air you'll wake up soon enough!!

It takes willpower and committment. If you just hit snooze and roll over, you've got to ask yourself if you want it enough.
  • I've found it really, really helps to 1) be well rested so you don't fight with the desperate desire to go back to sleep, and 2) be about to do something you really look forward to, like a new exercise tape, yoga mat, or post-workout drink. It might just be the consumerism working on me, but buying a new yoga mat at a discount story ($10 investment) really got me on the mat a few times when I otherwise would rather have slept in.
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Been there done that... And guess what happened? I didn't reach my goals. I would eventually wake up and do my workout at the time I wanted. But it was too stressful. Yea that's true you burn more fat before you eat.

In your current situation, this was how it was for me, if I didn't wake up in the morning. I'd be like "oh well, i guess i missed my workout. Thats just bad psychology I had. SO I decided to workout in the evening/afternoon. Don't say you can't. If you're 100% committed to, you will find a way. Even in the morning.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Good luck! Nothing on earth can force me out of bed before 7.30am.
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Are you a student, or is it a job you have to get to in the morning? Or getting kids ready for school? If it's your job, I would sit down and have a heart to heart with your boss, tell her/him what your goals are and ask for a little bit of leniency on your arrival time for 2 weeks. Then, instead of just suddenly getting up an hour earlier every day, just try getting up 15 minutes earlier each time for 2 weeks.

As a former manager, if my employee came to me with this kind of a structured plan, I would applaud their health efforts, and appreciate the honesty, and the employee's willingness to make me a partner in her health plan.

Of course, if it is school you are going to, this isn't going to work. Just an idea. Good luck!
  • TheDeviation
    TheDeviation Posts: 149
    I wake up at 4:30am 6 days a week to work out. You need to go to bed early and make sure you're eating right. It's tough, but it can be done if you really want to workout.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    I wake up at 4:30am to work out. The ONLY way I can wake up is if I'm in bed by 9 at the latest. It's a give and take - you have to decide what's more important - staying up late, or waking up early!!!!
  • EiriniJi
    EiriniJi Posts: 6
    Thank you guys, I really needed this. It's good to acknowledge the fact that we need some help and motivation from others! I was really blinded by the fact that I don't wake up as early as I want and I forgot my initial goal ...
    The truth is I get a lot of exercise, I walk at least one hour a day and I attend yoga classes at least 3 times a week, it's this persistent fat I need to burn and also to start my day earlier, with a smile-rather than with a defeated mood.
    I will move my phone away from my bed and next to my work out clothes :-) I am not sure whether I will manage to go to bed early but.. I am sure my body will appreciate it greatly, heheh
    Love to you all!
    EiriniJi
This discussion has been closed.