Breakfast ideas?

2»

Replies

• BrightonChick
    BrightonChick Posts: 48 Member
    I eat breakfast at 0530 and lunch isn't usually until 1230 so a filling breakfast is essential in my line of work.....
    My faves are:

Overnight Porridge soaked in greek yogurt topped with banana, cinnamon & sunflower seeds. I add dark chocolate drops too sometimes for extra yumminess...

1 x Brown bread toasted with half a smashed avocado (don'f forget the Salt&Pepper) and 2 poached eggs - YUM!

Like already mentioned, a batch of 2 ingredient Banana Pancakes topped with greek yogurt & maple syrup

Portabello mushroom piled high with sauted spinach & onion topped with 2 poached eggs and a slice of torn smoked salmon.

My breakfasts are usually between 400-500 kcals a day but needed! Big breakfasts are winners for my life style and I promise you, the cooked breakfasts take no longer than 10mins....MAX!

Hope this helps :smiley:
  • JillianRN527
    JillianRN527 Posts: 109 Member
    Canadian bacon. Egg beaters. oy2vdvk4ixqz.jpg
    And toppings. I make enough for my husband for the entire week. Each egg I make a little different.
  • jukenley22
    jukenley22 Posts: 1 Member
    bricker wrote: »
    Hi everyone out there!

I was just wondering if anyone out there had any good breakfast ideas for me. Looking for something fast and easy to make, but healthy and filling - and low calorie, of course!

I've been using this site for about a month and been losing weight which I'm very happy about! Breakfast is my weakness though - I've been eating a bowl of cereal and some fruit for breakfast every morning but find I'm already hungry about an hour later. Plus its getting a little monotonous. I'd love to find something that would tide me over until at least late morning or lunch if I could.

Best of luck to all of you and thanks for all the help!

I have CNG shake every morning that full me up until 2pm
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    cleo77 wrote: »
    1 cup of soy or milk, 1 banana, and 1 tbsp of sugar free peanut butter and blend all ingredients for 30seconds. Very filling, high in protein, and keeps me going till lunch, especially before a workout.

Okay, I think I will give this a try.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    I've started eating "ice cream" for breakfast, haha. My favorite is a banana, tbsp peanut butter and maybe a bit of vanilla extract and cinnamon. I take it out of the freezer in the morning and while it tastes like unhealthy ice cream, it's pretty good for you, and relatively low-cal
  • redpeg22000
    redpeg22000 Posts: 1 Member
    I have a breakfast made of lots of things and flavours. This makes it seem like I'm eating a really big breakfast Whilst keeping it low calorie. I start with a coffee with milk but no sugar 27kcal and a low calorie cereal bar 80-85kcal. Then i have a bowl of plain porridge 30g made with water 115 kcal. Then I finish with an zero xtreme isotonic drink 8 kcal (I cycle 8.6 miles to work) and a low calorie chicken noodle cuppa soup 43 kcal. All of which comes to a total of just 280 kcal.