Our family needs two treadmills

Options
FitnessTim
FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
My wife and I love our treadmill. We use it while watching TV or reading. The problem is that there are two of us but only one treadmill. As I'm currently fitter than she, when we both want to use it she gets it.

I used to work out in morning before she woke up but now she figured out that working out in the morning is the best time.

It's a nice problem to have.

Does anyone else have trouble sharing exercise equipment with other family members?

Replies

• kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    Just being chasing her around the house -- set up penalties for her for each time you catch her and get running -- you will both be fitter and you can have some fun catching her.....
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Why don't you throw on a pair of shoes and go out and run together in the fresh air? Either that or set up a rota and book in your slots? Or buy another treadmill??
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I use this thing called the sidewalk. It's nice.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Why don't you guys go run outside together?
    The weather is much nicer here in New England, take advantage of it before we're covered in snow again.
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I think you guys are missing the the point of he post.

I would love to have that "problem".
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    FitnessTim wrote: »
    My wife and I love our treadmill. We use it while watching TV or reading. The problem is that there are two of us but only one treadmill. As I'm currently fitter than she, when we both want to use it she gets it.

I used to work out in morning before she woke up but now she figured out that working out in the morning is the best time.

It's a nice problem to have.

Does anyone else have trouble sharing exercise equipment with other family members?

No.
  • StephJC81
    StephJC81 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Maybe less T.V and more fresh air..? Just saying.....Life is too short to be stuck inside.
  • FitnessTim
    FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    As for going outside to run, I have absolutely no jogger fashion sense. Also I grew up in a couch culture. The idea of running outside in public is just too weird. (Please feel free to bully me about this - I know it's messed up.)

Men don't walk or run in my neighborhood. In the morning I'll see plenty of middle-aged women out for walk or jog, but no men. It's different where I work where it appears as if everyone either runs, bikes, jogs or walks.

Now you got me thinking. I've got to suck it up and just get out there. I guess I got get some spandex and a headband, right?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i don't have a treadmill. but if i did, i wouldn't have that problem.

and i'm not going to tell you to go outside. I am sure you do, and when you don't, you have your reasons. And I don't need to know what those reasons are.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    YyKtZrb.jpg

12SyiPv.gif

He even sorted the getting outdoors part out...is there nothing this man is incapable of.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Get outside and start running, maybe the other house husbands will get a clue, be a trendsetter!! Otherwise, got to walmart and buy 2 cheap bikes.....
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Get outside and start running, maybe the other house husbands will get a clue, be a trendsetter!! Otherwise, got to walmart and buy 2 cheap bikes.....

What kind of marriage is OP in?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    YyKtZrb.jpg

12SyiPv.gif

He even sorted the getting outdoors part out...is there nothing this man is incapable of.

/thread
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    kjm3579 wrote: »
    Just being chasing her around the house -- set up penalties for her for each time you catch her and get running -- you will both be fitter and you can have some fun catching her.....

and here i was thinking your response in the breastmilk thread was creepy.

znR4U.gif
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »

znR4U.gif

I need to know...cuz reasons.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    skullshank wrote: »

znR4U.gif

I need to know...cuz reasons.

looks like it was pulled (it was a horrible trolling attempt), but the unfunny OP of that thread said that her husband wouldnt try her breast milk and she was mad. someone suggested she offer it from the source to entice him, and creepmasta up there volunteered for that job. *shudder*