Replies

• erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce.
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the lighter than light mayos? I can't personally taste the difference and they are low calorie.
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    hot sauce or mustard.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I usually go with lemon juice, salt and pepper and then smushing up a quarter of an avocado with it. It's 80 cals, creamy and full of good fats. I found that avo and lemon juice is actually a great mayo substitute on lots of thing - sandwiches, burgers etc. Lower cals and nutrient dense :)

Gonna have to disagree with you on the lower calories because avocado is nothing but fat, fiber and water, but using an avocado spread is definitely more nutrient dense than mayo.
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options

My tuna is going to taste so good with these ideas
  • sup3rb3ast
    sup3rb3ast Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I like to use low fat sour cream and sriracha. It's about 25 cals per 2 tablespoons. B)
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    Sea salt, lemon juice, black pepper and sweet corn, add a dash of olive oil and parsley. I'm on a low carb diet so discovered this by accident. Its nice with green leaves and boiled egg too. Let me know if you like it.

Yummm...this sounds good!!

• JillianRN527
    JillianRN527 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am so thankful I hate mayo! But for my husband I mix Greek yogurt with Hidden Valley dry mix and non fat milk. I use that.

When I made him chicken salad I use avocado and lime juice.
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Definitely greek yogurt! The other day I mixed a single-serving size of greek yogurt with 2 cans of drained tuna and added 2-3 pieces of crumbled, cooked bacon and a few tbsp of relish (weird, I know, but I always eat relish with tuna!) and it was SO GOOD!
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    A little bit low fat mayo and a heaping of dijon mustard...yum.
    Sometimes I mix a can of tuna with onion/celery/cucumber/5 bean mix and a little olive oil and balsamic or red wine vinegar, and some fresh parsley. It's awesome.
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    KristinaG_is_losing_it Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I mix in plain greek yogurt and either sweet or dill relish and whatever mix-ins I have handy. Yesterday it was asian sesame salad topping and a few chili lime good beans (roasted chick peas,sooo good in anything). I usually eat it in a pita or a sandwich thin.
  • boweg
    boweg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love it with Trader Ming's Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette. It has 35 calories for two tablespoons. It is amazing! I also mix in cucumbers and cherry tomatoes.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I love it with chopped pickled jalapenos (same as my sardines), but I've used Lawry's lemon pepper marinade mixed in tuna since I was a kid around 10 or 11 years old - I didn't like mayo. It's so good!
    41YpVGjvW%2BL._SY300_.jpg
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    :p so many choices *drool*
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Any salad dressing would work, too. I like it with a sweet onion vinaigrette or a poppyseed dressing, all of which you can get low cal.
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Mustard, mustard, mustard! No cals, baby! Good with chopped pickles and other veggies.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Chewitz wrote: »
    I love tuna with mayo but with mayo it's an extra 210 calories with the serving I use...

2 tablespoons for a can of tuna is...a lot of mayo. Can you not use half the amount?
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Fat free mayo is 35 cals per teaspoon.
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    try tuna with avocado and kewpie mayo .. or with cottage cheese, yumm
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I second the tuna w/ cottage cheese. I eat it that way almost daily, and it is absolutely indistinguishable from tuna w/ mayo if I'm not actively thinking about it.

If you sprinkle some pepper on top, it actually brings out a little more of a salty/robust flavor.