Goal to loose weight for ivf this year!

hi everyone I've struggled with my weight for a few years now, I weigh 14stone and I need to loose 3 stone this year, I've started dieting for 10 days and already feel a difference in my clothes, I've struggled with infertility for years and my doctors have advised that I should loose weight before embarking on a ivf journey, I'm so commited to this but I would love some support from you guys, if anyone is on the same boat it would be nice to share experiences etc

Replies

• kellygalea
    kellygalea Posts: 2 Member
    Hey there! I know this is an old post but I thought I'd say hello as my story is similar to yours! We plan to do IVF jan 2016 and I need to lose about 40 lbs by then! Hope you are having luck! Do you have an infertility diagnosis?
  • bry04
    bry04 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, I have been searching for discussions on weight loss for Ivf but they are hard to find. I am also trying to loose weight for Ivf. We started our first cycle in March this year we had a positive but unfortunately the embryo stopped growing at 5 weeks. I had gained a stone through the treatment which I have now lost but the suggestion is I loose weight to decrease the risk of miscarriage and increase egg quality. We have male factor infertility so it was surprising that when they harvested my eggs they had 17 which is good but only 6 were mature enough for icsi. Then only 2 fertilised and 1 transferred. We have agreed to start again in August so I want to get down to 13 and a half stone or at least 14 to try and improve the egg quality. I have the motivation but the last week I have lost the will power to cravings. How is your weight loss will power going?
  • KristiBell1
    KristiBell1 Posts: 61 Member
    Hi! We have similar stories. We did our first ivf last July. We ended up with 5 great quality embryos so we transferred 2 but I miscarried a 5 weeks. We had 3 embryos left so we decided to transfer 2 again. I miscarried at 6 weeks and our last embryo didn't survive the thaw. My doctor felt my weight could be a big reason as to why I am miscarrying. We are preparing for Ivf number 2. I will go through the stims and retrieval at my current weight but we won't transfer until I lose 40 more pounds.
    Oh gosh I have so many cravings. I try to tell myself that even though it might taste good right now it is not helping me with my ultimate goal of bring home our baby. I also try to tell myself how yummy a healthier option is. If all else fails I will have what I am craving only if I only have a little bit with something healthy or an extra few minutes of exercise.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    I've been in this position before so I understand the struggle. Best of luck to all you ladies in your journey to become mommies. The weight loss is difficult but you can do it, and it will be worth the battle.