How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I tell myself I'm going to weigh once weekly on a set day, but I get a bit obsessive and weigh everyday. To be honest, it doesn't work for me - I need to drop to weekly.
  • miche173
    miche173 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Everyday. The fluctuations are normal, and expected, and don't stress me out. I have lost 33 pounds in three months, with 47 more to go. I think, even in maintenance, that every day weigh ins will work best for me. It's way too easy for me to be in denial without them!
  • kansasgrl1500
    kansasgrl1500 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I only record when I hit a new low (or I have a gain of 3 or more lbs that sticks with me for a week...so i know it's not water weight). I need to stay vigilant because I think it would be very easy for me to put on 10-20lbs in a short period without realizing it. However, everyone is different. The day-to-day fluctuations don't stress me out, but for other people they do, and so weighing weekly works better for them.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Every other week or so once I reached my goal. I've gotten pretty good at knowing when I need to cut back on my own.
  • Nerruse
    Nerruse Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Almost every day. I use an app to keep track of my progress so the more data, the better the trend lines. That said, I only post a loss if I come in at a new weight for at least 3 days in a row. It's also good for me to be able to see how my body loses weight--I tend to lose a lb or so at a time, sometimes preceded by a small upward spike. I would probably get discouraged if I didn't know about that spike and it happened to correspond with a weekly weigh-in. Once I'm in maintenance I'll probably only check in weekly.
  • choujilee
    choujilee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Muscle is heavier than fat, the number on the scale doesn't really matter..... Focus on the things you wear regularly, are they getting loose? If yes... Congratulations! :) I usually do it once a week. And do it with an empty stomach.... Preferably before having breakfast..... :) also feel free to add me