5'3 & 5'4 ladies what's your GOAL WEIGHT??

Options

Replies

• DivineLotus
    DivineLotus Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I always thought I was 5'3" but apparently, according to the Dr I am 5'2" 1/2 :(
    My goals remain the same however:
    SW 204
    CW 183
    GW 125
  • Laurie5lee
    Laurie5lee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a 51 year old mother of two grown children. During my first pregnancy my midwife told me my body would never be the same again. She was right. I'm 5 foot, 4 inches tall, and my goal weight is 130. I weighed 125 when I got married 31 years ago. Now I weigh 140. My pants are tight, and I hate that. I just wan't to loose 10 pounds.
  • jenni_d1990
    jenni_d1990 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" started at 200lbs, now I'm 155, trying to get somewhere between 125 and 135 hopefully :p
  • tglmomma
    tglmomma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3".
    Sw 164
    Cw 158
    Gw 135
    I want to hover between 135 and 140, but never move beyond 140 again!
  • MyFitLife15
    MyFitLife15 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal weight is 120. I have 18 pounds to get there and am hoping to reach it by August 24, which will be my 48th birthday.
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    5'4", 35 years old, 4 kids
    SW: 148
    CW: 126
    GW: 120 (but every time I reach 123 I sabotage myself, dammit)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    5'4"

SW: 163-165
    CW: 130.4 (yeah, not quite 130)
    GW: Originally 150, then 140, then 135, then 130...Now I'm maintaining but I'd like to see 128 someday.
  • anuhealani1
    anuhealani1 Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    (no desire to be insensitive to those who are overweight - I'm just talking about myself here and my own body...)

I'm guessing you're probably way too hard on yourself, probably like I am too. I look at those "heavy" photos and I see just a big tire of fat around my waist and bulging over my hips (not to mention my arms and gross floppy boobs), and I know realistically there's no way you could have anything close to that thirty pounds lighter. I do have an hourglass shape so have a small waist compared to my hips, but the part below my navel still makes me unhappy today and always will because that's just where I carry fat - it's the last thing to go even when I'm sub-20% body fat and have visible ribs at the top of my stomach and visible hipbones below.
    While it's definitely true I tend to be a little hard on myself, I've inherited the good old apple shape characteristic of every woman on both sides of my family. This means that unfortunately, even when my upper body looks skeletal (I lose fat in the face, arms, and chest first), I have a belly that hangs over my bottoms (which otherwise fit fine). I've even stripped off for a doctor who scolded me about losing too much weight to prove to her that I still had a big belly, despite the way the rest of me looked, and the only thing she could say was "...well, everybody has their problem areas."

I'm beginning to think that there's no weight I could be that would make me lose the belly unless I were so thin as to be near death. Sadly, lipo is too expensive and too risky for my liking so I'm likely just stuck with it.

• NauticalGypsy
    NauticalGypsy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not exactly height requirement for this conversation, but relatively close!

Age- 22
    Height- 5'2
    SW- 175
    CW- 166

I have two Goal weights, normally I have no problem keeping my weight down but apparently it snowballed with a change in anti-seizure meds, my desk job, and my habits.

1st Goal weight - 140lbs (this use to be my turning point, also known as the old breaking point to start dieting again) originally I stayed right around 115-120lbs.

That being said 120lb is my 2nd goal weight but would be happy at 130! :)

• ceembeee
    ceembeee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 (sorry, am I too tall for this? Lol) and my goal was 135, but I'm down to 137.5 now and I'm thinking I might push that to 130. Id be happy to be 130-135 and maintain that and focus on strength. I am on the slow track though, steadily losing 1/2-3/4 of a pound per week cause I like to eat!
  • yogi323
    yogi323 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    5'3
    SW: 176
    GW: 120, maybe less.
  • NotASoul
    NotASoul Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    5'4, 128 (approx.)
    GW: 119
    GW2: 112
  • NLKatherine
    NLKatherine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal is 135 - that's what I was 10 years ago. Looking at the way weight is coming off now, I'm not sure I want to be 135, I think I might look unhealthy (My profile pic is 5lbs lost 167 & 162) I'm currently at 157 and I don't see 20 more to go.
  • carolsalas213
    carolsalas213 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'2" ideal weight for me 140
  • epona08
    epona08 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Currently, my goal is 170. After that, I'll take a look at my measurements/goals and re-evaluate if I want to go for another 20 pounds or if I'm happy.

In a perfect world I think I might feel happiest with my appearance back at 140 pounds. However, I have a high stress job with long hours at a desk, a long commute that take up a large chunk of my life. Once I get to 170, if I'm more okay with how I look I'll stop stressing about losing weight and just try to be happy (since I'm already healthy nothing changes there. :smile: )
  • FutureMrsEssman
    FutureMrsEssman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    5'4.3/4 (hahaha I know that's what my doctor said and I was like *Damn* So close) I looked great at 135 but i would like to get to 120/115.
  • samholsworth
    samholsworth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'4", starting around 178-180. Goal weight 135.
  • S_Evanson613
    S_Evanson613 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my 1st goal weight is 130, but once I get there I'll re-evaluate and maybe see if I can get to 120
  • asouthernhippie
    asouthernhippie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'3.75". My SW was 192, CW is 160, and GW is 120. So, still a ways to go, but I'm almost halfway now. :)
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Female mid 40s
    5'4"
    medium-large frame (wrist test suggest medium, broad shoulders suggest large, DEXA scan indicated bone mass in 90 percentile)

high weight: 217
    current weight: 178
    goals:
    - short term: 155 (my lowest weight from last 5 years)
    - realistic: 145-149
    - stretch: 139

I'm aiming for an "athletic" body.