2nd Day in. Need to stay motivated

Options
Only my second day tracking meals n exercise so far so good. But I'm dreading the weekends. I need tips that will push me past that 2 week mark which is where I always start to slip.

Replies

• fox_emm
    fox_emm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! This is day 5 for me but I'm worried that days home with the family and not at work are going to lead to me slacking. I don't have any great tips other than to make friends that are fitness conscious and focus on staying accountable to yourself and to them. One of my best girlfriends is on here, so she helps keep me straight, lol. If you don't know anyone on a weight loss journey who could help support you, add me! :) [Same goes for anyone else who replies. The more the merrier!]
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm home all the time, so I know what you mean. What I find helps is to enter in what you're going to RIGHT BEFORE you eat it...then you can really see what it is you're consuming and make the decision to change what you eat before you eat it.

And if anyone would like, feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • PoohBelly
    PoohBelly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've made it to 32 days straight on MFP!! This is an absolute first for me. I usually start "slipping" on day 2 to one week. I'm finding tracking on MFP to be easy and that's what I focused on in the beginning--tracking everything and NOT worrying how many calories I'm consuming. I then started looking back at my diaries and figuring out what I needed to eliminate or switch. I've now lost 6 pounds and I'm feeling very positive. Slow and steady will get you there. Just stay in the game if you can!!
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Think yo yourself how hard it was to start it's easy to stop but then it's getting motivated back again
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    meal prep has been a life saver for me.... I am a planner, so my meals are planned for the week and all packaged up ready to go (depending on what it is) ~ weekends are tough, but i find if i log my calories first thing in the morning (again, I am a planner, so I usually know what I will be eating, lol) this helps me stay accountable and see if there is any wiggle room :)
  • jjkoba81
    jjkoba81 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My weekends are where I struggle the most too! Trying to find a routine to fall into meal wise to avoid the traps of my usual weekends. Good luck!
  • K8T80
    K8T80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think you should give yourself credit for being here and even thinking about this ahead of time. Also, just keep logging, even if you don't make the most healthy choices. It will come in time, just be patient and gentle with yourself.
  • kareemaccounting
    kareemaccounting Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cronniss wrote: »
    I'm home all the time, so I know what you mean. What I find helps is to enter in what you're going to RIGHT BEFORE you eat it...then you can really see what it is you're consuming and make the decision to change what you eat before you eat it.

And if anyone would like, feel free to add me as a friend. :)

Logging right before I eat is a great idea. Thanks @Cronniss
  • kareemaccounting
    Options
    jjkoba81 wrote: »
    My weekends are where I struggle the most too! Trying to find a routine to fall into meal wise to avoid the traps of my usual weekends. Good luck!

Thanks @jjkoba81
  • kareemaccounting
    Options
    K8T80 wrote: »
    I think you should give yourself credit for being here and even thinking about this ahead of time. Also, just keep logging, even if you don't make the most healthy choices. It will come in time, just be patient and gentle with yourself.

Thanks @K8T80
  • K_saine
    K_saine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I would remember that people make mistakes and if you make a slip and overeat or forget to track then don't quit because you slipped. Either enter in what you forgot or do an extra workout or two to make up for whatever went wrong.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it takes minimum 21 days to make a habit. You can even set reminders on your phone to remind you to log something so that you stay on the ball.

My friend uses this and on sundays she has a "cheat day." She still limits what she eats but uses that day to eat what she wants (within reason). She says the cheat days are the only reason she has been able to keep with her weight loss program!

Good Luck!
  • sweetieandtim
    sweetieandtim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Weekends are the hardest. Drink a lot of water.
  • kareemaccounting
    Options
    PoohBelly wrote: »
    I've made it to 32 days straight on MFP!! This is an absolute first for me. I usually start "slipping" on day 2 to one week. I'm finding tracking on MFP to be easy and that's what I focused on in the beginning--tracking everything and NOT worrying how many calories I'm consuming. I then started looking back at my diaries and figuring out what I needed to eliminate or switch. I've now lost 6 pounds and I'm feeling very positive. Slow and steady will get you there. Just stay in the game if you can!!

32 days is awesome @PoohBelly. I will keep at it.
  • kareemaccounting
    Options
    K_saine wrote: »
    I would remember that people make mistakes and if you make a slip and overeat or forget to track then don't quit because you slipped. Either enter in what you forgot or do an extra workout or two to make up for whatever went wrong.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it takes minimum 21 days to make a habit. You can even set reminders on your phone to remind you to log something so that you stay on the ball.

My friend uses this and on sundays she has a "cheat day." She still limits what she eats but uses that day to eat what she wants (within reason). She says the cheat days are the only reason she has been able to keep with her weight loss program!

Good Luck![/quote

You made some great @K_saine. Thanks for the tips.
  • kareemaccounting
    Options

Got it @sweetieandtim
  • ElainePun
    ElainePun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi :) meal prepping ahead of time reaaaaally helps. I figure out what I eat for the week, enter it into myfitnesspal and then I can see what I have for the day. On the weekends (where intend to eat out) I try to plan out my meals around my macros - check restaurant website to see if they offer nutritional info. Then plan my day's meals around that. if i know im having an eat out dinner, i'll Just my other meals and snacks in order to accomodate!hope that helps!

• saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You can do this :smile:
  • kareemaccounting
    Options
    fox_emm wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat! This is day 5 for me but I'm worried that days home with the family and not at work are going to lead to me slacking. I don't have any great tips other than to make friends that are fitness conscious and focus on staying accountable to yourself and to them. One of my best girlfriends is on here, so she helps keep me straight, lol. If you don't know anyone on a weight loss journey who could help support you, add me! :) [Same goes for anyone else who replies. The more the merrier!]

Thanks @fox_emm I enlisted my coworker yo download the application. We keep each other accountable at least for breakfast n lunch
  • kareemaccounting
    Options
    You can do this :smile:

Thanks @saramatthews919 I will continue to do my best
  • kareemaccounting
    Options

I'm up to 3 liters a day now