boobs...ladies only please!

Options
Hey guys so basically my goal here is to lose around 20 lbs and I have a bit of a problem. I'm 18, 5"9, 170lbs, and I have saggy boobs. Since I'm trying to lose weight here, once I do will my boobs be even more saggy? They are 36 D's now and I hope to get them smaller. If you have experienced this please help!!
Thanks xx

Replies

• TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You are young, so I think there's hope! Maybe they sag because they're heavy... Presumably, as you lose, they'll get smaller. As you lose, lift weights & do push-ups- strengthen the pectoral muscles- might help. And a good bra is a big-breasted lady's friend!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I lost 17 pounds and mine just got a bit smaller. I'm still wearing my DDs but they're a bit roomy. I only needed to go in a hook on my sports bra.
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 lbs and my 34DDs are too big. I went down to a 34D. Adding in chest exercises to your lifting routine will help even more.

Oh, and have you ever been fitted for a bra? If not, definitely do that! Most places don't charge but of course they'd like you to buy their bras.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Not a lady. Just here to watch.
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm probably not much help, but I was a large B cup at my heaviest and now am an A (and 30 pounds lighter). Mine didn't get saggier, they just got smaller.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    When I was younger (your age) and dropped a LOT of weight, I lost 2 cup sizes (DD to C) and didn't notice a difference in sag. After I had a child, they grew and don't seem to get smaller no matter how much I weigh.
    I have a pretty odd size, but I've had great luck at Nordstrom for fitting/buying.
  • JessicaThompson12
    JessicaThompson12 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago I lost 20lbs and those suckers never moved. I lost another 10 last summer and my bra began to get too big. So they will probably sag a big depending on your size. Invest in good bras.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Mine have gotten smaller, but not to the degree I was hoping. If anything I'd say they look a bit better now. However, I don't know what size I needed at my heaviest (either went bra-less or wore one of those stretchy cotton sports bras). Last summer however, I was a 38 F and now I'm a 34 F. So while my boobs got smaller they have just stayed in proportion to my body size. I have about 11 lbs left so I've given up hoping for a bra size that can be found at any store.
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Nope. I say don't worry about it. Everyone's different but I agree with the general consensus here... While weight loss will make your boobs smaller it won't make them saggier. My boobs, which were pretty small to begin with, got smaller, but not saggier.

Good luck on your journey :)
  • anuhealani1
    anuhealani1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My breasts are always the parts of me that shrink first when I lose weight. They've gotten much smaller and very noticeably saggier. I'm nearly 35 though so that may have something to do with the sagginess.
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If you work on your chest muscles it can sometimes help with making them perkier.
  • Lindy901
    Lindy901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't think they'll sag more but it is a natural tendency. Gravity and all that. My advice is buy the best bras you can and the most supportive especially since you are heavier chested.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I was a 38 DD (D?), now I'm 34 D and they are perkier. I'm 37 too. I wonder if chest exercises can help?
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I was a 36d when I was size 12/14 uk. Now I'm 18/20 I'm a 38g. I've always been paranoid about my boobs being saggy. My husband says it's not that they're saggy, they are just big. He says photoshop has a lot to answer for as all the topless pics in papers and magazines show the nipples pointing up to the heavens and that just isn't the norm lol. Also these women have had lifts and aged knows what else. But when you compare yourself to those pictures, it makes you think there's something wrong with you, well I used to anyway
  • JessNelson_
    JessNelson_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Make sure to do chest workouts to strengthen the "pecs". This will help with sagging once they are a smaller and you should see them shrink a bit. Just depends on your genetics and where you tend to carry your weight.

For example, i carry all my weight in my stomach and boobs. When i lost 40lbs i lost its from my stomach and boobs first. Went from a 36 D to a barely the B borderline but full for a A lol. But my best friend who is the same height and age lost all of her weight mainly in her legs and butt. She never went down at all in the boobs. Maintained a 34C even though she lost 35lbs.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    YAY Boobs !
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    They won't get more saggy, but they might look a little deflated. Wear good bras and if that's not good enough, consider some surgery once you get to goal.
  • AnnaChanges
    AnnaChanges Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was 34 FF and now 32 F but they got saggier unfortunately. But I lost 60 lbs so much more than you need to so I guess you wont have the same problem. My advice to you do chest exercises with weights it is helping me a bit now I just wish I started earlier. SO you still have the chance
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain on being big chested as I am a 34D. I have lost a little bit in my chest but not much. Honestly, a good bra will really help! I get measured all the time at Victoria's Secret and I spend a bit more to get their bras and mine don't sag. I also agree with working on pectoral muscles because that may also help to appear less saggy.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I had lost 40 lbs before and they still looked okay, even better IMO cause they were not sagging from the weight - almost perkier cause I was building muscle in my chest and it tightened everything up a little (DD to small C)