Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide

Options
2»

Replies

• meowzers007
    meowzers007 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! (I only read the first few comments but!) I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Kaylas guide. I'm currently wrapping up week 4. As someone who's done Insanity and other workout trends, there's really something special about Kayla and her army. There's so much support within her community of followers!
    It's one of the most physically challenging workouts I've ever done and it really does change your body. I feel as though it's not just a trend - it's a lifestyle. I was always a cardio bunny and was terrified of resistance training. But, with BBG, you not only look better within two weeks, you FEEL stronger, more powerful, and confident. It becomes something you loathe and love at the same time! Lol! It hurts so good! Thanks to Kayla, I have developed a healthy relationship with food AND my body. If anyone wants to add me, I made an Instagram for her guide & to support others. I post gluten-free & vegetarian foods/recipes. Feel free to add me! I always add back! :) Instagram: Thatsmissmegan2u

Oh! Ps: I read her healthy eating guide at a friends, but because I have so many dietary restrictions, I did not buy it. Honestly if you are consistent and healthy with your diet, you don't necessarily need it to see results! :)
  • abb117
    abb117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with @meowzers007. I just finished week 2, the second time around so I've been doing it for 14 weeks, and I have seen results that I never thought possible. It has changed my entire life. I have never felt happier or healthier. I made changes that I never imagined. Feel free to add me or message me with questions, and my fitness Instagram is: nettyb_bbg
  • kellxbelle09
    kellxbelle09 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Charlyfitness13,
    Thanks for your response! I am definitely sticking with it and taking my week 4 progress photos tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to seeing results in pics and not focus so much on the scale! Those numbers are all over the place lol. Thanks for your kind words, much appreciated :)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    Her program is a crash course diet with exercise.

Typical results are, you lose weight, then gain it back

4l78d1avr3us.jpg

boom, lol.

I looked into it. I think the first few weeks are alternating days of intense bodyweight circuits with plyo* and long steady state cardio (like an hour of brisk walking, or cycling, etc), on a low-cal diet. That will get you to lose quickly. (I don't know what's after that, though)

*zuzka light does the same thing. i think she's still got stuff on youtube, haven't done that in a while.
  • abb117
    Options

4l78d1avr3us.jpg

I can say with personal experience that this is false! I finished the guide and started it over. I have now stuck to this for 14 weeks. I eat all the time and have not been hungry at all. I just stick to eating healthy foods now. Even on days that I have had small binges, I bounce back and haven't gained a pound from it. This guide works very well! I know a bunch of people this has worked for! People who are on week 4 up to week 28 and it truly works. At no point do you "crash diet."
  • abb117
    Options
    abb117 wrote: »

4l78d1avr3us.jpg

I can say with personal experience that this is false! I finished the guide and started it over. I have now stuck to this for 14 weeks. I eat all the time and have not been hungry at all. I just stick to eating healthy foods now. Even on days that I have had small binges, I bounce back and haven't gained a pound from it. This guide works very well! I know a bunch of people this has worked for! People who are on week 4 up to week 28 and it truly works. At no point do you "crash diet."

A crash diet is a very low calorie diet. They are not sustainable for the long term. From my understanding her diet is roughly 1,200 calories, plus exercise. Lets say you burn 500 calories when you exercise. 1200-500 = 700 calories for your body. That is a starvation diet.

Direct quote from her book "I must emphasize that I do not promote calorie counting. This is because for many people it can be a very tedious, difficult and stressful process especially if it is not understood properly. By using the food group information as a guide, you will meet the recommended daily calorie requirements while receiving a good mixture of nutrients as required by your body." She then goes on to say that maintenance requirement for the average female between the ages of 16 and 25 is 2100 calories so to get a normal deficit then intake can be 1600 calories for people who insist on counting calories but weight loss is much more complex than that. At no point does she say to eat 1200 calories. Do your research before bashing something.
  • abb117
    Options

4l78d1avr3us.jpg

A crash diet is a very low calorie diet. They are not sustainable for the long term. From my understanding her diet is roughly 1,200 calories, plus exercise. Lets say you burn 500 calories when you exercise. 1200-500 = 700 calories for your body. That is a starvation diet.

Direct quote from her book "I must emphasize that I do not promote calorie counting. This is because for many people it can be a very tedious, difficult and stressful process especially if it is not understood properly. By using the food group information as a guide, you will meet the recommended daily calorie requirements while receiving a good mixture of nutrients as required by your body." She then goes on to say that maintenance requirement for the average female between the ages of 16 and 25 is 2100 calories so to get a normal deficit then intake can be 1600 calories for people who insist on counting calories but weight loss is much more complex than that. At no point does she say to eat 1200 calories. Do your research before bashing something.

Type in google, "Starvation diet, Kayla Itsine" see what pops up. The points she makes are not good. I'll take your word for it, but a cookie cutter calorie calorie count isn't right. Women come in different shapes, sizes and weights. To say 1,600 calories is right, is wrong. Lets go back to what i said, if you say it's 1,600 calories a day, burn roughly 500 calories per workout. 1,600 - 500 = 1100, still very low. Still a starvation diet.

The real problem is she's charging people for stuff that's free online. I just went to her webpage, she makes comments like "find out which foods burn fat.", "Speed up your metabolism", "learn what to eat and when", "target problem areas" each on of those statements are false.

Googling it is not as accurate as reading the actual book. People who think it is a starvation diet most likely did not read her book. Like I said, she didn't say people have to eat 1600 calories a day, I said on average. She does not promote calorie counting at all. That is the first sentence in what I quoted her on. She had her nutrition guide read over by two certified nutritionists as well. Regardless of her nutrition guide, even if you just do the work out program, you can still get great results. There are people who don't follow the nutrition guide at all and just eat healthy on their own while following her work out plan. It is important to do what is right for you. Everyone is different, you are right about that, so what works for one person might not work for another. But I would not go as far as to say that this entire program is based on crash dieting and that you will gain the weight you lose back. The exercise plan in and of itself goes beyond that.
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Get the info somewhere else, maybe try Freeletics (The app is free) and spend the money on a new bikini after you hit your goal :)
  • abb117
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

4l78d1avr3us.jpg

Type in google, "Starvation diet, Kayla Itsine" see what pops up. The points she makes are not good. I'll take your word for it, but a cookie cutter calorie calorie count isn't right. Women come in different shapes, sizes and weights. To say 1,600 calories is right, is wrong. Lets go back to what i said, if you say it's 1,600 calories a day, burn roughly 500 calories per workout. 1,600 - 500 = 1100, still very low. Still a starvation diet.

The real problem is she's charging people for stuff that's free online. I just went to her webpage, she makes comments like "find out which foods burn fat.", "Speed up your metabolism", "learn what to eat and when", "target problem areas" each on of those statements are false.

Googling it is not as accurate as reading the actual book. People who think it is a starvation diet most likely did not read her book. Like I said, she didn't say people have to eat 1600 calories a day, I said on average. She does not promote calorie counting at all. That is the first sentence in what I quoted her on. She had her nutrition guide read over by two certified nutritionists as well. Regardless of her nutrition guide, even if you just do the work out program, you can still get great results. There are people who don't follow the nutrition guide at all and just eat healthy on their own while following her work out plan. It is important to do what is right for you. Everyone is different, you are right about that, so what works for one person might not work for another. But I would not go as far as to say that this entire program is based on crash dieting and that you will gain the weight you lose back. The exercise plan in and of itself goes beyond that.

You mean the workout plan that you pay 70 dollars for telling you how to do sit ups, push ups etc and no weight training at all? Sorry if you think you are going to see amazing results and without proper nutrition then you like burning money. Do you know how much food you can buy with almost 300 calories?

In regards to "no weight training at all," you use body weight for a lot of exercises and a lot of the work outs do require weights. I didn't say that you will get amazing results without proper nutrition, I said that you don't have to follow her nutrition plan, you can just eat healthy on your own and get results. Also, I am speaking from experience. I did her plan, the full 12 weeks, and got "amazing results." And I know plenty of other people in the same boat. She might not give any new information, but the plan itself helps people. Personally, there is no other exercise plan that has worked for me and like I said, I'm not the only one. I am not convincing you that this is the right plan for everyone or that everyone should buy it, but it does work for a lot of people so there is truly no reason to bash it. What might not be right for you, could be right for someone else.
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I JUST STARTED YESTERDAY :) I'll let you know how it goessss
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Waste of money, and the exercise plan sounds miserable. I don't need to pay all that $$$ for someone to tell me to do some burpees. If you're going to go that route, why not just find some Jillian Michaels videos for free on YouTube? They're essentially the same work outs, and you can save that money to buy yourself something awesome, like a new dress or some ice cream.
  • nicoletteamber
    nicoletteamber Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm on week 3 right now! Day 18 of the help guide too (I do each days meal plan for 3 days in a row it'll make sure I have a meal plan the whole 12 weeks). Loving it so far!!! Her nutrition guide is not 1200 calories. I've put them into mfp before I make them and adjust my macros from there but they're like 1500-1800 calories a day. I also do extra abs and legs. Alexajeanbrown.com her sore to the core and butt & leg challenge ebooks. There's also a 6 pack and butt challenge app I do once in a while from my iPhone. definitely need to work on stretching. So fAr so good i didn't see much on my 2 week progress pic but that's not enough time so holding out for the big changes still. :) how's everyone doing? You can add me on Instagram nicfitrnbbg
  • niyatileo93
    niyatileo93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am going to start kayla's pre training program. I have been planning to do it for quite some time now, but something or the other is always coming in the way. I'm determined to start it though. The exercises in her routine are somewhat similar to what I do off and on. I have been struggling with my weight for about a year now. The problem I have is I can't stick to my schedule. The moment I feel any stress, I just leave the exercise routine and start skipping it altogether. I must admit I have some body image issues too. I want a fit body but I can't stick to exercise. I tried diet restrictions and calorie counting which had worked for me in the past, but because of my studies and working hours, I am not able to follow anything much.
    The reason I am up for kayla's program is it will be something different each day and I won't get bored. I'm motivating myself hard and I hope I follow this plan. The transformation pictures on her page will motivate me too I hope. I'm not being unrealistic, I know that it won't happen in a day and everyone's body is different. I just want to be fit. And about the diet, I won't be following her diet book, I have my own diet plan which is full of fibre and protein. Hopefully I succeed.!

P.s. I didn't buy her book! I just found the pre training on the Internet! :neutral: I hope that's not a bad thing! Heehee!
    Fingers crossed
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I have no experience or knowledge of this particular plan but in my honest opinion, it isn't necessary to 'pay' to lose weight. None whatsoever. MFP is totally free and I have had the BEST success here and here alone, eating at a sensible calorie deficit and understanding the logics of weight loss. These 'programmes' advertised do not teach you the science behind what is happening to your body. I think a lot of the weight loss process needs to involve educating us about the facts. Each person is 100% unique. Your needs will not be the same as the person sitting next to you. Losing weight is a massive money making industry for these businesses - I like things stripped bare and laid out - in other words, the trusted CICO. It WORKS. :)