I have a love hate relationship with jeans.

Options
I can wear a 16 now, an 18 if I have a belt handy. My problem isn't that I'm not losing fast enough or anything like that.. My problem is that I have a smaller waist than I have legs apparently. I like the style of bootcut jeans but by the time I get into a pair that fits in the waist the legs are too tight! Where are you ladies getting your jeans and what cuts are you buying to flatter your new and changing figures? I'm very happy with my rate of loss and how everything is going, I just can't seem to find a good pair of affordable jeans now! Thanks!

Replies

• alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that takes in the waist of all her pants. It works really well for her.

I usually have to find a "curvy" cut.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I feel your pain... I have a big booty and a small waist...
    I wear jeggings...
    Been wearing them for years... regardless of weight.
    ANd I have gone up and down over the years!
    They stretch just enough to fit my butt (and my naturally thick legs) but not too much that their big at the waist. Plus, cuz I'm short (5'2"), the excess leg bunches up at the bottom which looks WAY better then having to cuff the other types of jeans or for those that you can't cuff, like boot leg, doesn't require alteration.
    But like the name indicates, they have a "leggings" type of fit... so if you don't like that well then my suggestion is not gonna work for you! :smile:
  • KnightsGal76
    KnightsGal76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My favorite jeans (because I have big hips so I have the same problem as you do) is from the Dress Barn - Roz & Ali - they are a curvy cut and always fit perfectly!
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I go with boot-cut myself. I hate skinny jeans. >< Curvy fit might be an option, or just get used to wearing a belt. I'm kinda odd to fit since I have to look for longs. I've lost enough I can go down to a 12 again, but I can never get lower than that due to my hip bones being so wide.
  • acrandell85
    acrandell85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing yoga pants and leggings everywhere because I just can't figure out where jeans that fit me even exist! I have wide hips and a smaller waist and nothing works, I may look into jeggings lol
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I get mine at JCPenny's mostly, though sometimes I can find the right fit at Kohls. I like Wranger, they have a jean that is just right, though they don't always have them in the store. If you get the ones that have some lycra in them, they'll be much more comfortable across the hips and be closer to fitting the waist. Or, stick with hip huggers. They're made to ride lower and under your waist, and you might could find a better fit that way.
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    I've been wearing yoga pants and leggings everywhere because I just can't figure out where jeans that fit me even exist! I have wide hips and a smaller waist and nothing works, I may look into jeggings lol

Oh forgot to tell you: The ones I wear are from American Eagle.

But unfortunately I no longer have an American Eagle near me, so if I want to buy more, I'm outta luck! So I'm kinda sorta in the same boat as you, but at least I already know the type of jeans I'm looking for...just got to find them!
    Good luck!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm hourglassy with thick thighs, and my favorite brand right now are Lucky. You can find them at discount stores. I do the curvy boot cut.

• PACO1481
    PACO1481 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!! I had WLS and lost 160 lbs. Kept it off for about 8 years, but the last 4 years I have been up and down 45 lbs. And when I'm up, all the weight is in my legs, especially my thighs. So while my waist is small, my legs are huge and nothing fits. Always have to wear a belt. Ugh!! And even my calves/knees are big so "skinny jeans, leggings, etc." are out of the question.
  • lynnmhatcher
    lynnmhatcher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Catherines is a good place to find jeans that fit. I have small waist and large booty and thighs too. Trouser style in some pants fit well. I think the jeans I got were called, Fit Right. They are not the cheapest but sure are nice.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'm happy enough to be able to wear "regular" jeans with pockets. I buy what fits my big butt and thighs, then spend $30 to get the waist taken in 5".
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with jeans from Maurice's
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I have them same problem, I have found that Curvy fit styles fit better for me. Right now my favorite are INC brand at Macy's. I will only buy them on sale though. Not only are my thighs bigger, I am tall and they have longs. Word of advice on them though, buy them tight...they stretch out.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Jeggings are my absolute favorite... I hardly ever wear real jeans anymore. They're way more comfy. Just make sure you get ones that look like jeans - button, zipper, etc and not like maternity pants with an elastic waist!

That may help your sizing issue. Also, all else fails, take them to a tailor.

Where do you get your jeans usually? Cheap jeans tend to not fit as well - they're made almost exclusively for the "average" body type. It may be worth it to invest in some more expensive jeans but that fit really well. If you get them from a department store like Nordstrom, they will even throw in free tailoring. Great jeans are worth the money - you will absolutely use them, they're always in style, and they will last you a long time. I've had some pairs for 10 years now!
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have learned to avoid low-rise jeans! They have a wider waist. Find a mid-rise if you can. Some people have luck with Gap, but I personally have issues with their waist areas. Old Navy is the freaking worst. Maybe New York & Co?
    Anyone know any shops with tall AND curvy jeans?
  • peaceandcarrots
    peaceandcarrots Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try Old Navy. I couldn't fit into their jeans for awhile but now that I can again, I really like them. I have big thighs/butt too and those tend to fit the best in the waist.
  • peaceandcarrots
    peaceandcarrots Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    karla24687 wrote: »
    I have learned to avoid low-rise jeans! They have a wider waist. Find a mid-rise if you can. Some people have luck with Gap, but I personally have issues with their waist areas. Old Navy is the freaking worst. Maybe New York & Co?

or not old navy :neutral: lol
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    holly55555 wrote: »
    Jeggings are my absolute favorite... I hardly ever wear real jeans anymore. They're way more comfy. Just make sure you get ones that look like jeans - button, zipper, etc and not like maternity pants with an elastic waist!

That may help your sizing issue. Also, all else fails, take them to a tailor.

Where do you get your jeans usually? Cheap jeans tend to not fit as well - they're made almost exclusively for the "average" body type. It may be worth it to invest in some more expensive jeans but that fit really well. If you get them from a department store like Nordstrom, they will even throw in free tailoring. Great jeans are worth the money - you will absolutely use them, they're always in style, and they will last you a long time. I've had some pairs for 10 years now!

Yeah... don't get "mom jeans"! Hahahahaha!
  • bpaine0715
    bpaine0715 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with curvy I just feel more comfortable in them just enough give in the fabric. I have large thighs and a butt and I'm short 4'11" so most of mine drag the ground. If you can find them at JC Penny's they have a brand called Angels jeans so far they were my favorite. The way they fit made me feel good about wearing them.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I usually have to try on at least 20-25 pairs of jeans before I find one that I'm even remotely happy with. Jeans come in every shape size and cut, just like people - try on everything! I have luck with Guess and Express because they run a little bigger in the booty area, also like Seven and Bongo. Just found a skinny pair from Democracy Jeans (Carson's) and the stretch is amazing in them but never over stretch or get baggy plus it comes in a curvy version.
    karla24687 wrote: »

or not old navy :neutral: lol

lol! Old Navy has the worst jeans ever - like they are way too big in the legs/crotch but the waist doesn't even come close to buttoning?? So sad cause I love the rest of their clothes.