Double Counting

Options
My iphone counts my steps a day but i brisk walk for about 30 min a day is it giving me double credits for my calories. I dont want to feel that i have extra earned calories when i dont.

Replies

• eisterunicorn
    eisterunicorn Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of walking as well, so I set my goals to sedentary, lose 0.5 lb weekly, let the iPhone count my action, and eat back all my calories it gives me (or close to it) plus at least half of what I earn from my actual workout. :) If you carry your phone while you run or workout though, I wouldn't eat much of the steps calories back, because the number can go up by being shaken around. At that point you'd be getting double credit. Don't wanna cheat yourself. :) If you want you can add me, and good luck!!
  • mrsmiley32
    mrsmiley32 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So since I'm part of the crew of "don't trust the exercise calories" I just mentally divide the results by 2. I have MFP set at sedendary and lose 2lbs/week (which came out to be about 1500 calories for my height + weight). And I'm averaging about ~2.5lbs/week (I walk about 10k steps a day which is about 600calories, so I eat about ~1800/day... depends on the day).