fitbit syncing issue

Options

Replies

• aprilslusher03
    aprilslusher03 Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @JessicaThompson12

I disconnected my Fitbit and will wear my Polar ft4 HRM when I exercise this evening to add my exercise calories. I will continue doing it this way until this Fitbit syncing issue is fixed.

If this is a typical day for you then I would disconnect your Fitbit and just add in the extra calories from another day that was similar or if you have an HRM I would consider using it.

I hope this helps!
  • aprilslusher03
    aprilslusher03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh, and going by the email, it could be up until Monday before this is fixed. :/
  • Hastalabeastababy
    Hastalabeastababy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Thought I was losing it!
  • polly1970
    polly1970 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've obviously become too dependent upon my fitbit because I'm about to lose my mind over this. Seriously.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Not that this is a big help, but going to the Fitbit site, revoking MFP's access & then coming to MFP a few minutes later and re-connecting has been working for me to get things updated. I did this around lunch and again when I got home. I'm planning to do one more update around bedtime.

Certainly not as nice as things just working but at least this does the job :)

~Lyssa
  • lavender8178
    lavender8178 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the update thought I was going crazy today.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Same issue for me. Oh well
  • insearchofcheese
    insearchofcheese Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    Not that this is a big help, but going to the Fitbit site, revoking MFP's access & then coming to MFP a few minutes later and re-connecting has been working for me to get things updated. I did this around lunch and again when I got home. I'm planning to do one more update around bedtime.

Certainly not as nice as things just working but at least this does the job :)

~Lyssa

Thanks for the tip. It worked!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Seriously

Beta testing?
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    So question...how would you figure out your extra exercise calories for the day?

If you've had yours for a while, you can kind of guess how many extra calories to add based on the number of steps you're at for the day. A rough estimate for me is +400 calories if I get in 10k steps. The actual adjustment is closer to 500, but the first 100 or so go towards getting me to the calories MFP gives me for having my activity level set to Sedentary.

~Lyssa
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Mine last synced at 6am. I hope it's fixed soon. I need to know how many extra calories I have for dinner via exercise since we are going out tonight.

mine still not syncing and I don't know how much ice cream I can have. :tongue:
  • pjmath
    pjmath Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been going to the Fitbit app & after making sure the calories eaten is up-to-date from myfitnesspal (which the reverse seems to be working), looking at the calories left and subtracting 500 (my goal is a pound/week)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm too scared to disconnect and then reconnect. knowing my luck something bad will happen and I'll lose all of data or I'll never ever be able to reconnect again :rage:
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tweets, Aprilslusher03.

I'm having the same problem with my iPhone 6 Health app sync to MFP.

MFP is saying I've done twice as many steps as I've actually done, and giving me I-don't-know-how-many-times too many calories I can eat back.

I can't find the calculation to work out how many calories X amount of steps burn. Anyone know?
  • Christine_72
    Options
    It seems to be fixed.... For now :open_mouth:
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Yep it seems to be. 377 lost calories yesterday for me as I've just checked back. *Cry*
  • Christine_72
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    Yep it seems to be. 377 lost calories yesterday for me as I've just checked back. *Cry*

grrrrrr I'd be crying too :cry:

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

grrrrrr I'd be crying too :cry:

Maybe I will be a sneaky beaky and eat them today and track them for yesterday! Mwahahahahahaha!
  • vickiandrews
    vickiandrews Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Mine never synced at all yesterday but seems to have rectified itself today. Even corrected yesterdays. Hope this isn't going to be a regular occurrence to try and get everyone to sign up to the premium version. I'll be finding an alternative app if it does. Fitbit look like they can do every thing MFP can anyway. Has anyone tried this?
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Yes! Every single day since I received it last Wednesday.