shakes and pills

Just wondering if anyone knows info on weight loss shakes could add me or send me a pm pleass

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    I know some info: you're better off eating real food. If for some reason you don't like real food or perceive you don't have time for it, buy some protein powder and make you a shake.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    I know some info: you're better off eating real food. If for some reason you don't like real food or perceive you don't have time for it, buy some protein powder and make you a shake.

Love your sense of humour, can I borrow it!!!
  • girlviernes
    jorinya wrote: »

Love your sense of humour, can I borrow it!!!

Take it :)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    no shakes, no pills, just portion control. Calories in calories out. That is all you will hear on this site because we are right.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Shakes and pills are not necessary for weight loss and can become very expensive. If you invest in a food scale and eat at a deficit you should see the scale move.
  • geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    And anyway there's a recipes section in the forums with shake recipes.
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    I make a morning shake with baby spinach, frozen strawberries, and Greek yogurt. Sometimes I've thrown in some no salt added peanut butter to sweeten it up a bit. One trick I've learned is to put it in the freezer for about an hour or so, so it's like a slushy.

But no, I'm not a fan of pills. Tried them in college and my hair started to fall out!
  • jodieaj
    jodieaj Posts: 9 Member
    Im not taking pills or shakes, just wanted to know the likes of detox for bodies etc
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    ya going to live off pills and shakes for the rest of your life?

go on with your merry self....
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    jodieaj wrote: »
    Im not taking pills or shakes, just wanted to know the likes of detox for bodies etc

The body detoxes itself. All the detox/cleanses do are remove money from your account.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member

Body doesn't need to detox. Your body naturally cleanses it self through your liver and kidneys. Anything else promising a detox or cleanse is probably full of bunk. Save your money.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member

Hi Jodie. You don't need to do detoxes or cleanses honey. Your body does a grand job of that all on its own. Save your dosh and invest in a decent kitchen scale and read some of the fabulous stickies threads at the top of the forum. You'll be winning in no time :)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Your body does not need shakes or pills to detox. It does that itself.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member

Do yourself a favour and learn how weight loss works by reading the stickies on the forum. If you do that then you will be able to sort out common diet myths and misconceptions and be able to focus on burning moe than you consume for weight loss.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Shakes have their place, not the pre made kind, but the ones you make yourself. I need my breakfast to go as I don't have time to sit down and enjoy my breakfast. I need something easy to have while I'm driving (a breakfast sandwich falls apart or makes a mess). I have 1 cup of almond milk, 70 grams of frozen fruit, 33 grams of protein powder, and 7 grams of fiber....blend together and away I go.
  • jodieaj
    Thankyou for people who are being nice, i not long had a little girl and have never had to diet or excersie in my life before she come along nd people have been telling me differne things.. Sorry for asking.
  • jodieaj
    Im not being rude, the last thing im tryig to do.. But im just new to the whole thing and people tel me different thing..
  • girlviernes
    Im not being rude, the last thing im tryig to do.. But im just new to the whole thing and people tel me different thing..

I don't think she meant you.

Losing weight can be confusing at first. The #1 thing is to start to track everything you eat. Then from there you can start to make adjustments.

• snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 649 Member
    Although I don't disagree with anyone's opinion here, I do think shakes can be nutrious and filling and low calorie.

The downside is that the are expensive. Fresh fruit, premium protien powder, organic nut butter...whether homemade or prepared.

I use Shakeology from beach body. It is roughly $3.95 per shake if I add almond milk. That is crazy expensive and not sustainable for a lifetime of good eating habits. However it keeps me full for hours and has under 220 calories. It tastes ok. The nutrition profile is like taking a multivitamin.