Vegetarians/Vegans/Raw Foodists?

Options
2»

Replies

• manypaws88
    manypaws88 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am a vegan and find it very easy but you have to do a lot of research to make it easier for yourself. Daiya brand soy cheese is the closest I've found to real cheese. A lot of vegan/vegetarian restaurants use it as well as a lot of manufactures of vegan foods. It is wonderful! The Internet has so much information and I love to listen to vegans on YouTube as well. I read books and magazines and find the more information I have the more motivated I get. I started just wanting to be a vegetarian for the animals. Then as I found out more about what happens during "factory farming" the more I decided I wanted to go vegan (Google "factory farming" and you too will understand). I knew it would benefit me as well and took that as a bonus. I felt better but wasn't losing any weight. Then I read in a magazine about this website called MyFitnessPal....hummmm....I thought I'd check it out since I love apps for my phone and thought it sounded like something interesting and convenient since my smart phone (EVO) is now attached to my right hand permanently now, another addiction but I digress. I have only been a member of MyFitnessPal for about a week but I LOVE IT! I have found that now that I keep track of what I eat the pounds are falling off fast! And MFP makes it so easy especially with the scan capability of scanning UCP codes. I like EASY and I actually find it fun. I think it will keep me more motivated to exercise more to because it shows you how much more you WILL lose if you keep up what you are doing. I would love to see any vegan tips and recipes that any of you would like to share. I personally love to start my day with a smoothie and always add hulled hemp seed and ground flax seed in everyone. Let us vegans and vegetarians motivate each other and share our findings! HAPPY FITNESS to you and you will thank yourself for what you are doing for YOU and what you're NOT doing to the animals! Peace to you! BTW please forgive my grammer I'm a numbers girl...another reason I love MFP I guess. lol :happy: Add me too, please!
  • millygrl
    millygrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian. Have been for 6 years now. Feel free to add me : )
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Been a vegetarian since I was 10 (I'm 26 now), and I've recently converted to veganism over this past year. Feel free to add me if you like! :)
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I just became a "weekday vegetarian" a couple of months ago for green and economical reasons. I am considering becoming a vegetarian full time since the rewards have been greater than I expected. I am always looking for new recipes. Friend me!
  • BlissfulYoga
    BlissfulYoga Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    veg, here, too! Add me with "veg" in message! I tried adding a bunch of you but then I maxed out and have to wait 10 mins! :)
  • beccasetsfire
    beccasetsfire Posts: 135
    Options
    Vegan!

In regards to the soy cheese discussion Daiya for pizza and follow your heart for tacos! lol

I honestly eat mostly veggies and rice...
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Im a vegetarian who is slowly transitioning to a vegan:)
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love PPK :) I just bought 2 of her books and am happily reading and trying out the new recipes!
  • BlissfulYoga
    BlissfulYoga Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bumping for a friend...
  • bespatter
    bespatter Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for 8 years and vegan for 3.5. You can add me!

I also have a vegan cooking blog if you'd like to get it out:
    www.sharetheveganlove.blogspot.com
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here! I'm working on moving toward a vegan lifestyle slowly. The goal is to fully transition by the end of the year, using up the last of my non-vegan products and replacing them with vegan alternatives that my boyfriend and I can both agree on.
  • caeliumspecto
    caeliumspecto Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm pescatarian, but since I can't afford fish, I might as well be vegetarian. I would love to share recipes. (I have a vegan recipe I made on mfp that is really high in iron. I called it "Iron Infuser Delight" if anyone wants to look it up.)
  • beauplr
    beauplr Posts: 11
    Options
    I've been eating vegetarian for almost a year. Unfortunately I got in the habit of too much cheese, eggs, and processed vegan foods. I am currently following the Eat To Live plan which is vegan. So far, so good. I'm losing weight again and feel great!
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I went vegetarian about 17 years ago and have been vegan for the last 9 or so of those years. I'm just now learning how to cook - I've survived on prepared foods, vegan "junk food", and a few staple recipes. I'm interested in changing my whole relationship to food, which includes spending more time preparing it.

I've also done raw food challenges in the past and felt awesome, but found that was too hard for me to maintain. Maybe someday!
  • marklee99
    marklee99 Posts: 7
    Options
    "Most experts agree that meat eating was essential for the evolution of larger brain size. Keep in mind, that "meat" includes insects, small animals, fish and seafood, as well as larger game.
    With the easy availability of food in modern times, meat eating is not essential. But when we were relying on what we could hunt and gather in our immediate environment, meat provided essential energy. There wasn't an unlimited supply of nuts and berries."
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I'm a veteran veggie - 28 years now. I sometimes try to be more vegan, but am in a cheese and egg phase at the moment. For me though, to try to ensure animal welfare standards, the important thing is to eat only organic cheese/dairy, and only organic woodland eggs (is this a UK term? It means beyond free range - chickens free to roam in wooded areas, not just a small patch of grass).

I'm also using commercial meal replacement stuff at the moment (shakes and bars); have checked the ingredients, but they don't actually say 'suitable for vegetarians' so I'm a bit worried.

Anyway, please 'friend' me - would love more friends. :smile:
  • hellosquirtle
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian. I've been as such for about 12 years, two of it was spent vegan. I would say I would be much larger if I was eating meat, and at least has kept me away from the horror of fast food.
  • healthychelsea
    Options
    Vegetarian! Hello.
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am a mostly Raw vegan. I say mostly because during colder months i do heat up some of my food. My diet is pretty simple... i dont really have alot of recipe's as i enjoy my foods more in their natural state. to add interst i tend to just try combinations of things together.
  • cassmsta
    cassmsta Posts: 75
    Options
    <<<<< Vegetarian. :) feel free to add me.