serving size

Options
eclaire3
eclaire3 Posts: 1 Member
I recently imported a recipe and it found all ingredients and that the recipe was 4 servings for x amount of calories. I need to calculate how many calories in 1 c. or whatever. is there a way to edit the serving size

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Measure how much the recipe makes, and use that to adjust the servings. So, if a recipe makes 6 cups of food and you want 1 cup to be the serving, you would change it to 6 servings, and that will give you the number you're looking for.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I also split into serving sizes to make it easiest for me, but you can weigh the entire meal (minus the pot) and divide into grams so you know how many grams are in the serving you portion out.
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yeah that's what I do. Weigh
    the whole meal. Subtract pot whatever. Then you know the weight of say 4 portions. Divided by 4. Then you know weight of 1 portion. Then you can weigh 1 cup. From there you can calculate whatever you want. So say a cup is 100 grams and you know a portion is 200 grams and 200 calories, then you just divide the weight of a cup by the weight of a portion. Then multiply this by calories per portion.
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I recently started to:
    - weigh everything going into a recipe (so I can precisely calculate total calories)
    - weigh the total finished product (I use grams) and enter this number in the "Servings" box
    So... if my (cooked) recipe resulted in 2500 grams, I enter 2500 in the Servings area in my Recipe. This method works well for me because sometimes I'm hungrier and want a larger portion (and vice versa). When I dish up, I simply weigh the contents and enter the Grams on my Scale as the number of Servings.